Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wow! C-USA's first commercial.  (Read 25020 times)

Description:

Offline Digiman

• Show all replies
Re: Wow! C-USA's first commercial.
« on: April 05, 2011, 06:25:46 PM »
Quote from: dammy;628494
First of all, this is targeting the C64 retro crowd and not the Amiga community. Second, that custom designed keyboard is close to $100 at OEM costs, so MSRP going to be a bit high and the pricing has to high enough for retail chains to make a profit on it as well as C=USA.  Third, the pricing in EUROs is 420.  Fourth, how much did you spend for that G2 based SAM440?

1. Why is it being pimped on this Amiga forum then? You admit now it has FA to do with Amiga now hmmmm thanks.

2. €65+€65 ie 100% profit for fake C= and retailer is at the top end ofhardware sales (20-50% = normal). So £99-109 is more than enough for just a case for the greedy tits. And the crap motherboard specs worth about £50-75 AT BEST.
So you have proved to us it is a rip-off markup on a fancy desktop case + under powered limp wristed x86 Windows/Liux motherboard. Thanks :)

3. I bought a mint actual C64 + uIEC/MMC + SD card for less than 1/3 your C64x list price....hell I even got the Retrogenius Ultimate C64 DVD with REAL tape images....and I never have to look at crap like x86 Windows before VICE is loads and I'm playing ORIGINAL UNCRACKED GAMES :roflmao:

Offline Digiman

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 06:27:36 PM »
Quote from: danwood;628525

If CUSA sell 100 of these pieces of crap I'll be amazed.

World is full of stupid people :)

Offline Digiman

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 08:02:52 PM »
Quote from: dammy;628548
Check out what subboard it was posted on.

First, convert it to USD, that may help you with the math.  Go take a look at those components, C=USA didn't go low quality on them so the price is higher.  Add in the cost of the case and that very expensive custom keyboard, labor to assemble them all, pay shipping to and from, pay tech support, and then there is the Disney Tron Legacy DVD.  Adds up pretty quick.

Well good for you.

I gave it to you in percentages so currency doesn't matter. 100% profit is just OTT and proves it's worthless junk.

Offline Digiman

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 10:47:27 PM »
Quote from: Kremlar;628657
So what DO they want?

For that price? An i7 processor for a start ;)

Offline Digiman

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 11:19:47 PM »
Quote from: redrumloa;628661
They want to see the complete destruction of the company since the company has "the name" and does not share the same vision as they do for what an "Amiga" should be.

Amiga = 9 pin joystick plug + Paula chip + ability to load 3.5" Amiga game disks

Amiga <> x86 motherboard + emulator required to run any 68k code.

Simple really ;)

Escom went bust due to make believe pricing compared to PCs on sale....Fake C= copied that :roflmao:

Offline Digiman

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 11:20:46 PM »
Quote from: Pyromania;628689
No purge here.

Is that a warning to Red? :hammer:

Offline Digiman

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 11:23:38 PM »
Quote from: Karlos;628695
What purge? People have left of their own accord, nobody has been banned - which given the tone of some of the recent threads is a small miracle. Personally, I'd much rather people stay.

Let me tell you, it'll take some hell of a purge to shift my a*se from the site.

I might not be as vocal about it as some, but I'm not particularly impressed with CUSA so far either. I do have to give them credit for bringing a product to market and securing what seems to be some decent advertising, but the C64x is certainly not something I'd be inclined buy. Nor are any of the other systems currently mentioned on their website. Furthermore, their bad first impressions have stuck for me, particularly the dodgy website, "borrowing" other people's artwork and so on. However, I suspect they care about my disdain for all that as much as I do for their opinion.

The ragequit mentality of certain people here over this episode is disappointing. I honestly thought that most people that react like that would have done so already at some point. It isn't as if the community has never experienced frisson like it before.

Commodore's UK C64 "elephantine 64k memory" adverts in the UK were genius, the ASA put the kybosh on them! :(

Offline Digiman

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 11:34:54 PM »
Quote from: Karlos;628701
Not a good fit for the breadbox case though. Imagine the cooling problems...

Performance/£ I meant given the price for a non notebook form factor :)

Offline Digiman

• Show all replies
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 11:36:45 PM »
Quote from: Karlos;628706
Also consider that any i7 would have to be accompanied by a GTX580 class graphics card to rouse my interest. If it hasn't got more cores / higher compute rating than the one I have, I'm not interested :lol:

Quite. It's inferior to my Dell 17" notebook which cost 1/2 the price but plays PS3 quality games.

Offline Digiman

• Show all replies
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 01:43:25 AM »
Still have no idea how my friend did the C64DTV design and still got it into such a low budget price point. She is a genius, a retro genius indeed!

Offline Digiman

• Show all replies
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 06:06:45 PM »
Quote from: dammy;629104
It was getting late at night for me and it's been couple of months now since Barry showed us the difference, but the exterior is different, the two have different mold colors. Something about black and silver around the keyboard were different on the exterior between the two.  I seem to remember that the mobo position was moved, think it was in reference to a new mobo with WIFI.  Barry wanted to make it very clear that the Vic Pro was different then the Cybernet model.

VIC-20 is white, Apple made white computers cool......so why isn't it white if it was made to order?

Methinks your designer is teh rubbish :)

Offline Digiman

• Show all replies
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 06:08:29 PM »
Quote from: mongo;629115
So, you're saying the VIC Pro looks like this : http://www.cybernetman.com/files/siteContent/photo_downloads/2/Top_layer_ZPC_look.jpg

Anybody got a sick bag? :confused: