Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga Inc sues Hyperion VOF for trademark infringement  (Read 12082 times)

Description:

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show all replies
Re: Amiga Inc sues Hyperion VOF for trademark infringement
« on: April 30, 2007, 01:02:47 PM »

JoannaK wrote:
Ok.. so now they finally have HyperionOS4 ... it's been long time coming, but IMHO this settles it.

Me? .. I need   :lotsacoffee:  and  :popcorn:

No I don't think so, the "HyperionOS" still builds on Amiga Inc IP. It always have, and it always will, that can *never* change.

All Hyperion has now is a "NoOS" and a lawsuit that they will have to answer to with their personal economy (like their personal bank assets, their cars, houses, etc) since it is a "VOF" company.
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 01:31:48 PM »

dammy wrote:
Does that mean Ben can now show us how Uber of a lawyer he is?  Oh wait, US court, has to be a real lawyer. :popcorn:

Dammy

Hasn't he already showed this? Wasn't he part of producing the "Über contract" in the first place? And according to Bill McEwen, he played a role in the buy-back agreement between Amiga Inc and Hyperion back in 2003. So I think he has surely proved himself to be way more skilled than "just a legal clerk" (at the time a very controversial quote from BBRV), right?

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 01:37:43 PM »
It is interesting though if their suit is only for trademark infringement, rather than breach of contract or copyright. That would seem to indicate Amiga is desperate indeed and has already lost on the merits of trying to wrest OS4 from Hyperion.

One thing does not exclude other things though. There could (and probably will) be more lawsuits.

For instance, wait and see what happens when Hyperion starts selling OS4-final CD's through their new world-wide distributor Acube. Then it won't be only a question of "trademark infringement" anymore...

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 01:40:50 PM »

cv643d wrote:
So is OS4 final illegal now?

Only if it comes from Hyperion, I'd say.