Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Timberwolf Progress Update  (Read 21402 times)

Description:

Offline Derfs

• Show all replies
Re: Timberwolf Progress Update
« on: August 17, 2011, 08:29:59 PM »
Quote from: bernd_afa;655098
*snip*

instead of write your long post, a short link to that message tell the user that the friedens need not do more than 3.6.

Maybe some day(maybe when X1000 is release) they tell oh we can not do 4.x we do only 3.6 .the bounty rules say thats ok, because it is not modified to current situation

""""
http://www.amigabounty.net/?function=viewproject&projectid=44

This bounty shall not cover anything beyond the released version, ie. Version 3.6 or later versions of Firefox.
"""""

ignoring, as always, your grudges against them, if you are going to quote, at least get it correct

The version to be ported is the most recent 4.0 version including the latest stability fixes. At the time of writing this, the most recent 4.0 version is 4.0.1. Any subsequent stability fix will be applied.

Later versions of Firefox (4.1 and beyond) are not covered by the bounty.

also

The source code of the port will be made available only as far as the MPL requires it, i.e. all modified source code files will be available for interested parties, but new files will not. This is in accordance with the requirements of the Mozilla Public License.

how can people justify being angry for someone following the MPL? if anyone is unhappy that this is allowed, then I take it you have aired it with Mozilla themselves?

sounds more like this thread has aired everyones personal grudges, while the rest of us wait until there is something final to use and test, and then pass comment.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 08:32:15 PM by Derf »

Offline Derfs

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 10:50:21 PM »
Quote from: magnetic;655114
As far as what some other tosser said throwing my name around about bashing OS4. I care just as much for OS4 efforts as anything. I actually want to run os4 on my peg2, but could see no real reason to until lately. And even better now, if I purchase it when update 3 comes out i'm going to have spend another $150 us when 4.2 comes out?? wtf?

AOS4.1 came out in 2008, AOS4.1 for peg2 came out in 2009, and if AOS4.2 comes out in 2012 thats minimum 3 years. how long do you expect them to wait?

if you are in that much doubt if you should buy it, then dont, and wait for 4.2.

Offline Derfs

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 05:43:54 PM »
Quote from: bernd_afa;655218
Your text stand above, now i see it. but below under "initial release" stand this.so seem this text is forget to modify, because tell the oppusite

"""
http://www.amigabounty.net/?function=viewproject&projectid=44
Initial Release

As outlined above, the initial release aims at being up-to-date with the current stable branch of Mozilla/Firefox. That is, if for example the current stable branch of Firefox is 3.5.1, then Timberwolf shall be based on 3.5.1. After this version, the author(s) of Timberwolf shall use best effort to
continue to update to interim stable released of Firefox, i.e. 3.5.2, 3.5.3 etc. This bounty shall not cover anything beyond the released version, ie. Version 3.6 or later versions of Firefox.

""

no it doesnt, it is an example. i understand english is not your first langauge, but you are reading something that is not there.