Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Is Software Hut Back In Business?  (Read 5060 times)

Description:

Offline BozzerBigD

Re: Is Software Hut Back In Business?
« on: December 04, 2013, 12:48:39 PM »
This sort of situation was how AmigaKit in the UK was started! The demise of Eyetech, the British equivalent of Software Hut was turned into a business opportunity as Leaman Computing bought up the stock and started AmigaKit. The rest if history!

Has Eldee Stephens thought about buying up the stock himself and becoming the new AmigaOS reseller/systems builder/peripheral shop for North America? I know there is an AmigaKit branch in San Francisco but this might be good competition for them!
"Art challenges technology. Technology inspires the art."

John Lasseter, Co-Founder of Pixar Animation Studios

Offline BozzerBigD

Re: Is Software Hut Back In Business?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 01:33:03 PM »
Quote from: amigakit;753793
@BozzerBigD

We were trading in the Amiga market for a good few years before we acquired the Eyetech inventory.

I think there is a misunderstanding on how large the Amiga market is in reality.  From a professional Amiga business point of view, in this tiny worldwide market, extra competition is not necessarily good for us.  Margins are already wafer thin and our overheads/running costs are large, remember we have bills, taxes and wages to pay every month.  Our profits get re-invested back into Amiga projects so that we have new items to bring to the community next year.  We depend on every single order we get from our customer base, and appreciate it.
Sorry, I can see that you were already in business before the Eyetech inventory buyout;

From http://www.leamancomputing.com/?page=about
Company History
Leaman Computing was formed and started operations in July 2004.

Offices in Cardiff(UK) were opened in August 2006.

In September 2006, Leaman Computing announces acquisition of remaining stock from Eyetech Group, Limited.

On 6th April 2009 entire business was transferred to Leaman Computing Limited.

However, as far as most Amiga owners are concerned the fact that you had all that Eyetech stock really was the point where your public profile rose.
"Art challenges technology. Technology inspires the art."

John Lasseter, Co-Founder of Pixar Animation Studios