Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Let's play a game together!  (Read 2917 times)

Description:

Offline runequesterTopic starter

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show all replies
Let's play a game together!
« on: August 26, 2012, 05:38:47 PM »
One of the best things of growing up was playing game, and being able to talk about it, and share experiences with other's playing the same game.

So..why don't we? I brought it up in another thread and at least one other user was interested.

Basically, we'll pick a game, we'll all play it for at least a while, discuss how we do, share tricks etc.

If you are interested, pipe in with titles you'd be interested in doing this with.

It might be more interesting if we find a game that most people aren't experts at, of course.
If it's a strategy game, flight sim or RPG, we'll probably want something that has manuals available online.

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show all replies
Re: Let's play a game together!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 06:22:12 PM »
there's a handful of portland'ites or at least oregon'ites around. We had talked a while ago about some sort of meet, but it never came to anything.

Megalomania might be a good one. Each level is fairly short so it's not a monster time investment.
I've played it enough to be familiar, but never really got that good at it.

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 06:38:46 PM »
I was thinking less a competition and more just playing and discussing, though that's something we could consider too.

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 03:54:40 PM »
Exactly!

Some games id be interested in doing:

megalomania
syndicate
breathless (aga)
alien breed 3d (aga)
some of the battle isle or historyline games

maybe an adventure game if we can all resist the temptation to look up a walkthrough :)

an RPG might work too. Always wanted to give bards tale or ishar a decent shot.

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 05:12:55 PM »
Yeah thats a good point. Im notoriously crap at adventure games so id be stuck at the first 3 screens anyways :)

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 11:07:39 PM »
huh, Speris Legacy looks interesting. Never seen it before, so I'd be all over trying that.

Only concern is it's an AGA title, so if we have anyone who wants to play, and only have an OCS/ECS machine, that could be an issue. If everyone has 1200's or UAE, I vote it's a go :)

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 05:46:21 AM »
a'ight, got Speris Legacy installed and ready to go, if thats what we settle on :)

I figure we'll leave the thread until thursday to see if theres other votes, or non AGA users who want in, and otherwise we'll kick it off over the weekend

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 04:17:15 PM »
okay, do you guys want to just get started, and people can drop in along the way, or do youwant to wait until the weekend and give it a bit more for people to join?

I don't want to have a whole ton of rules and nonsense, but it might be helpfull if we each post the basic system we're running the game on (1200, 4000, UAE, WHDload or floppy?) and since this one has multiple control methods (1 and 2 button joystick, keyboard) how you are playing it.

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show all replies
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 03:51:38 PM »
Okay, so I cheated a bit and started on Speris Legacy last night. I can tell this is both going to be a really fun game, and a really frustrating one :)

I'll hold off talking about any details until saturday (Got a wedding to go to friday. I'll probably get to do some amiga gaming today with a buddy of mine, but it's likely to be Balance of Power in multiplayer)

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show all replies
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 05:56:51 PM »
Okay, so I got started a bit, and made it out of the starting town.

A few comments so far:

The music is quite excellent. I love the tune in the first town.

I found a shield, but aren't sure how to use it.

Autofire button makes sword fighting easy :)

Things respawn.. so hacking up baddies for extra XP is pretty easy. Seems the experience mainly gives you more hit points.

Some things are "hidden in plain sight". It took me a while of poking around, before I found the sword, and finding the maze where you get the shield wasn't very obvious either. This is definately a game where I'll end up getting stuck a lot :)

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show all replies
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2012, 10:44:32 PM »
Quote from: som99;706314
I have had some work needed to my 1200 before I could start, but now ive started, just got the sword and I am now leaving town, I like the music, the story is quite simple so far, alas I love the graphics, im happy this game is not turn based :D

So far so good :) Wish me luck in my journeys :D

Edit: also a tip, at the south part of town, near your house a sign tells you the royal maze is to the south, just discovered to enter you just hack away on the wall with your sword :)

Edit: also I find that this game would play better with a joypad instead of joystick, so putting down an order for one tonight :)

Yeah, I found the shield in the southern maze, but I couldn't figure out what to do with it.
My son was playing SWIV today, so once he has  a nap, I will get back to it. I saved the game having reached a second town, by following the road outside.

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show all replies
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 09:24:18 PM »
Since m yson is unexpectedly at daycare today, I should be able to get to explore that damn second city today :)

More to follow!