Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NOS CDTV and CDTV Professional Kit  (Read 5167 times)

Description:

Offline illy5603Topic starter

• Show all replies
NOS CDTV and CDTV Professional Kit
« on: November 29, 2010, 01:17:20 AM »
items no longer up.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 06:27:37 AM by illy5603 »

• Show all replies
Re: NOS CDTV and CDTV Professional Kit
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 01:43:27 AM »
Quote from: Tension;595140
Disgusting.

Excuse me? If all of the complaining from various people on the forums about "Why didn't Carl just put them on eBay instead of selling them to Amiwest attendees?" is to believed then what exactly am I doing wrong here? You think I am lying about the reserve price? Bid and find out... The prices that these sold for can be gleaned if you ask around.

Anyway, if you have a problem with it I suggest next year you book your reservations for Amiwest early and bring a credit card. There were plenty to go around and they sat there for the better part of Saturday evening.

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 05:15:57 AM »
Quote from: Franko;595170
@ illy5603

Im not criticizing or questioning your reasons for sale as I believe them to be genuine, what I don't understand though is, having looked at the sale I find it quite strange that someone would bid on what are nothing more than pictures of cardboard boxes...

I know I wouldn't place a bid on ebay if I saw an item like that, as you only have the sellers word for what's inside. Don't you think you'd get a better response and hopefully a better price if you actually showed the contents of the box... :)

I am pretty sure the item is covered by eBay buyer protection for someone that may be worried that they are receiving a box of bricks. I know some of us take this time capsule stuff pretty seriously so I wanted to have the option of delivering it "double unopened" in the original shipping box from commodore which not only fits correctly but has a dot matrix label from commodore to a company in California on it. Silly I know, but that's why they are pictures of cardboard boxes. Any time you are dealing with something "new in box" you are only getting a picture of a box anyway unless you open it and then suddenly it isn't new anymore.

I cant convince people to believe me, but the reserve is exactly what I paid for the two split evenly across both items, and it is what anyone else would have paid had they been at the show, at least for the CDTV itself. Yeah, as Trev said, I may have overpaid for the pro kit but I could not turn down the matching set. The shipping is high only to cover the possibility of it actually being MORE which happens to me every time I sell something on eBay and try to estimate shipping. If it is less I will happily refund the difference.

My request to anyone in this thread would simply be that if you have a problem with the sale, don't bid. If they don't sell, I overpaid for them and you can have a smug laugh at my expense.

:laughing:

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 08:05:00 PM »
Quote from: bojay1997;597607
Did this stuff end up selling?  I missed the auction outcome.  Just curious.

The CDTV sold for $200 which was my reserve and is the same price that the other ones at Amiwest sold for. The pro kit did not sell and I am considering using it on my CDTV-CR at a later date. If anyone is interested in the pro kit you can make me an offer over at English Amiga Board. This is my last visit here after pretty much getting attacked over this "disgusting" sale. I have better things to do than defend myself to a bunch of negative people on the internet.