Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: C64x Unboxing videos  (Read 30062 times)

Description:

Offline psxphill

Re: C64x Unboxing videos
« on: July 12, 2011, 08:24:30 AM »
Quote from: Daedalus;649057
@Kesa

The idea there is, if you look at the Apple car, while it's pretty easy to fix some minor issues "under the bonnet," some of the more complicated things are buried much deeper, behind that switch and nicely shaped plastic engine cover. At least Windows has its mangled, ugly and convoluted guts on display for the world to see...

Plus Microsoft have gone through the problems with security. MacOS has too many exploits, it's always the fastest to get hacked at any event & they are slow to release fixes. Apple have relied on their low market share for too long, now they are gaining popularity you can expect it to be pwned alot more.

Whoever chose the delorean for linux either can't know how badly engineered the car was, or they are making fun of linux. If it has the flux capacitor upgrade then at least it can go back in time to when linux was relevant. The delorean unfortunately was never relevant, unless you wanted to pretend you were marty mcfly.

Offline psxphill

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 08:32:46 AM »
Quote from: digitex;649469
Thanks, AK3One
Great job! As promised, your new CUSA employee ID badge will be waiting for you at the front reception desk, along with your K1 and stock option package. The keys to your new Lexus will be left in the top drawer, along with your health club membership card. And of course, your check is already in the mail.

It takes a true anti CUSA zealot to believe that anyone who disagrees with them must be a CUSA employee.

I don't care what CUSA said about your dad during recess. So if you ignore that, CUSA are just another company trying to make money.

If we have to hate every company that charges more than cost for products or delivers late or has design faults then we'd never buy anything from anyone ever.

The only conclusion I can come to is that some people enjoy hating CUSA. I just wish you'd do it somewhere else.

Quote from: commodorejohn;649437
Legitimate concerns met by condescending verbal abuse from the head man himself? That's our Barry! No wonder this thing is such a resounding success!

If all the zealots stopped baiting him then he'd be quiet.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 08:39:12 AM by psxphill »

Offline psxphill

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 08:48:19 AM »
Quote from: J-Golden;649475
@A3KOne:
Most of the valid issues brought up deal with the fact that the C64x isn't anything new. It's just a PC in a custom case. CUSA trying to pass it off as something more is insulting to people and that is what stirs the emotions.

If you feel insulted then it says more about you than it does about CUSA.

It looks pretty much like a c64. So sitting there it looks retro, but it runs modern software so it has a use.

If it was anything other than a PC in a custom case it would be even more expensive and have less software. To get it cheaper you'd have to use a standard pc case.

A standard case with custom hardware sounds an awful lot like the X1000. I wouldn't buy either, but if I was given the choice of either for free then I'd take the c64x.

I'm fed up with all this passive agressive behaviour. "all we did was bait barry and he got upset". Tough, get over it. If people don't behave like arses and barry still gets upset then ignore him. I don't need to join a hate gang to feel good about myself.

Offline psxphill

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 05:45:22 AM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;649558
When there are no more active CUSA threads here, I will stop stating my opinion of CUSA. It's a fairly simple proposition.

And I won't stop stating my opinion of the anti CUSA zealots.

Quote from: commodorejohn;649652
But it sure as hell isn't $190 worth of inelegance. (And I'm "just being contrary and argumentative?" What kind of insult is that? Are you trying to shame me into agreeing that $250 for a novelty case is totally a good deal? 'Cause that ain't happening.)

If you don't think it's a good deal then don't buy it. Commodore used to make a huge margin on their computers. How do you stop youself from droaning on how big box Amigas were such a bad deal? That includes the X1000.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 05:54:38 AM by psxphill »

Offline psxphill

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 06:39:15 AM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;649655
The only reason I talk less about the X1000 is because its zealots do less yammering about it.

What you mean is that there is no X1000 news to post, so the anti X1000 zealots can't trash the threads.

Offline psxphill

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 01:20:33 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;650093
Exactly. I think certain people are using CUSA as just an excuse to troll.

The "shear number of threads" is only 8 over 20 weeks.
The threads would have been ignored if the trolling hadn't happened.

If anything commodorejohn & darrin are actually promoting CUSA by keeping them on the front page. Sure some people might agree with them, but there are alot of other people reading their posts and will wonder what there problem is.

There will also be people who will see commodorejohns threats of trolling until the CUSA threads stop & decide that they will be stand up to him and post more CUSA threads.

CUSA couldn't afford to pay for the promotion that they are getting. If I didn't keep reminding myself that I can't justify buying a c64x then I'd be more likely to buy one now.