Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ordered my AmigaOne X5000 from Amiga On The Lake in USA  (Read 2400 times)

Description:

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
Re: Ordered my AmigaOne X5000 from Amiga On The Lake in USA
« Reply #14 from previous page: December 23, 2016, 01:28:07 AM »
Quote from: amigasociety;818114
Received tracking # just now.  Shows the 30th as I expected.  So, hoping UPS is nice... gentle... and gets it here next Friday so I can drink booze, eat like an oinky, and play Amiga OS 4.1FE on my X5K.  

Has been 5 years since I purchased my X1K (Dec 2011) and since selling it 1.5 years ago, been missing out on enjoying Amiga.  Even though I was not an Amigan prior to 2010, for whatever reason, getting one again (like the X5K) is exciting.  Not quite 1980/90s computer exciting but exciting never the less.

Back in the 80s/90s it all seemed to fresh.  Now a-days, computing is not as exciting, but the Amiga platform has come close to bringing some of that excitement back for me.

:)

TJ

I can get behind that, when the Amiga was current I was working with other 68K hardware and still actively involved in 8 bit projects (which come to think of, I've never stopped).
But Amiga related computing can be more interesting than the sterile 'modern' appliance orient stuff I use day to day.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
Re: Ordered my AmigaOne X5000 from Amiga On The Lake in USA
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2016, 01:57:18 AM »
Quote from: BCP;818116
@ Amigasociety

"Received tracking # just now.  Shows the 30th as I expected...."  

Interesting, when I received my X1000 in December 2012, a few days before Christmas, I took just 3 days to arrive from Cardiff, Wales, UK.  Why on earth would it take more than twice as long to arrive from upstate New York ?  Anyway hope you enjoy the X5000.  Would be interested to know how you think it compares to your old X1000.

BCP
Indianapolis, IN USA

Could be worse, it just took about two months for a package I shipped via Priority Mail International to get to the recipient in South Africa (the USPS quotes 10 days).
Although, Wales to the US in three days is just plain remarkable.
I'm happy when I get a package shipped to Germany in under two weeks (short of being dumb enough to pay for the massive fees required to overnight ship a package).

Six days to truck ship a computer system in the middle of the holiday season?
Why would you think that was unusually long?
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"