Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Not just Blue vs.Red vs.Black.  (Read 2829 times)

Description:

Offline IggyTopic starter

• Show all replies
Not just Blue vs.Red vs.Black.
« on: November 19, 2012, 09:14:31 PM »
Might as well get in a point or two in case I face a future ban.

Quote "I don't think TMHG was really at fault though. In fact, for him he was relatively restrained about OS4 :)"

Really? He's always seemed rabidly blue to me ( most of the time anyway).

And, yeah, just seeing Dammy here again is enough to ruin anyone's day that wants to support the further development Amigoid environments.

I have and will, be supportive of ALL of everyone varied interests and usually I can respect others opinions.

But, and this is very important, I expect the same consideration in return.

So, I will never be dismissive of what you support and your interests, please don't have the temerity to tell me I don't have the right to hold my own opinions or beliefs.

And one of those is that NG OS' can be developed to the point where they have real utility and, in many cases, those systems can be used to replace so called "modern PCs".

For God's sake some of you still find realistic uses for legacy hardware!

So, here's my plea. Stop pointing fingers. It's not my fault, TMHGM's fault, and it wasn't totally Magnetic and Franko's fault.

We all need to take this a little less seriously, realize we're all on common ground here,, and stop trying to be control freaks.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

• Show all replies
Re: Not just Blue vs.Red vs.Black.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 10:05:18 PM »
Quote from: Thorham;715767
But we're not on common ground here, that's the problem.

Well, if not, my own interests span enough of these ares that I'm open to discussion.

And when we don't/can't agree, then there's always humor.

Its of a the main of the things I come here for.
News, interaction, relaxation.

Don't want to come to Wayne's POV where I find the contention too much of a distraction.

The last few years have brought us some great stuff in all areas.

Looking forward to some more.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 10:46:39 PM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;715774
@Iggy

OMG, what is it *this* time? :rolleyes: Please keep me out of your bantering!

:whack:

Never! Because I just love you SO much.
Actually, we do have a lot in common, but you're so blue you ought to be a Smurf.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 10:54:26 PM by Iggy »

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 11:47:09 PM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;715779
Iggy,

The purpose of this discussion board is not to be an arena for you to categorize people, "colorize" people, insult people, etc. It's a discussion board where everyone can talk about all things Amiga. Hence you *can* speak out your opinion about the "Xcore/Xena/Xorro" of the X1000, which also includes critical opinions, at least it *should* be, and this *without* being haunted and taunted, called a troll etc by you or "your friend" amigadave (who also happens to be a *moderator* of this board(!)).

I don't know if you are drunk or just rambling here, but this was probably the most pointless thread amiga.org has seen in a long time, and while I don't mind you having a "wet monday" or whatever (couldn't care less), I kindly ask you to not drag me into it. If you want my opinions on the viability of the X1000 project, then you can have it, but don't start up a bloody thread just to play some blame game for... well, whatever it is *this* time??!

:mad:

Unnecessarily ugly comment there tmhgm.
And Golden was right, I wasn't rambling, that was pretty concise.
And we know your opinion.
And, no, I don't think you are a Troll for holding it.

While I find the X1000 interesting, the logic in spending 3 grand for a sub G5 performance system doesn't add up.

I also thought I was pretty clear that I wasn't blaming anyone.

"this was probably the most pointless thread amiga.org has seen in a long time"

not possible - even if I tried too, I couldn't top some of the ones I've seen in the last few years

if it had been pointless, I would have posted it in the coffee house

My point here, and you are kind of helping to prove it, is that when we hold contrary points of view we get so wrapped up in our own opinion that we make inconsiderate remarks to each other (kind of like what you just did).

I don't come here to make enemies, and as a strong supporter of MorphOS you are a natural ally.

And David, yes he's my friend too.
David's got Legacy hardware, MorphOS hardware, and OS4 hardware (including the previously mentioned X1000)
And he's such a fanatical supporter of MorphOS that he's sending G5s all the way to South Africa so that bigfoot can finish porting MorphOS to that platform.

If you wanted to prove my points, you post went a long way toward that.

Unlike some of us, I myself, David and many others don't want to discourage ANY development in the Amiga community.

And yeah, I helped tank last night's thread.

But I know this about  you, like me, you believe that in MorphOS we have something good, with real utility, that's only going to get better.

So if somebody attacked you because you "couldn't" find your NG  system to be a valid substitute for a "modern PC", how would you feel?

BTW - No hostilities brother.

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 12:42:49 AM »
Quote from: J-Golden;715780
:rolleyes:

TMHG, I think it is safe to say that you are really into MorphOS, right?

Quote from: takemehomegrandma;715783
Eh, no, that's not all he was saying.

Actually, it was.
And I was defending you.
And strongly held opinions don't make you a troll.

I wasn't kidding when I said I'm really fond of you.

Quote from: J-Golden;715780
:rolleyes:

So take a break, have a drink and then respond. I think this will all turn out for the best.:D

Not bad advice.

And you don't see David here interjecting anything into this do you?

They don't throw their weight around here like that

I had to plead for censure.

You need to be less confrontational.

David and I both strongly support your OS of choice and I'm convinced its the best.

Take in easy.

Jim

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 01:20:35 AM »
"I have seen the enemy, and it is us." Pogo
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 01:46:37 AM by Iggy »

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 01:34:13 AM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;715794
Since this thread "is what it is" anyway:

Have you thought of the Irony of this:

• An originally black man (we can call him Michael Jackson) bleaches his black skin pale white.
  • Then he writes a song about black or white - preaching colors doesn't matter? "I'm not gonna live my life being a 'color'". Hmm, yeah...
How weird isn't that?

Wonder if there perhaps are some "Michael Jackson's" at some other places that has very strong "color focus"? Like here?

Is there a thing called "color fetishism" BTW? If it is, I think quite a few of them "color fetishists" seems to be hanging out on this site. Many discussions about colors here, in many threads. Not that I have anything against colors of course, personally I generally like colors, I like all colors, in fact I like all the colors in the rainbow. I'm a rainbow lover! But hmm, that doesn't of course mean I'm gay or so. Not that I have *anything against gays* or anything like that, no no, it's just that I'm not one of them! Heck, speaking of it, I'm not really into colors at all really, after all, come to think of it.

I just like being able to use MorphOS on my reasonable priced Mac Mini with reasonable performance once in a while. And I also think the whole X1000 idea was so stupid that it should never have left the design stage, it should have been swept down from the drawing table directly in the trash bin, along with the calculations showing $400,000 development costs and a consumer price tag of $3,000. And here it is: It's very easy (at least for me) to make that kind of simple statements without using one single color (not *1*)!

So please, count me out from your color games, I don't really want to participate. "I'm not going to live my life being a color", why not? Because I don't care! I don't want to be part of peoples "Smurf" fetishes either, keep that away from me. And while we are at it: save your "find the troll" games for those who actually participating in that game by, say, *trolling* instead of wasting it for those making relevant remarks about factual things, even if you don't like those remark. If you call everyone "troll" just because you are too lazy to raise a valid counter argument in the discussion, then you have destroyed the meaning of that fine word and exhausted any future possibilities of actually using that word to describe the concept "trolling" (the *real* trolling that is).

:afro: <-Yellow Afro

There's a well thought out response.
Why do I have to keep reassuring you I don't think of you as a troll.

And OK, you're not a MorphOS fanatic either.
You've just made the best choice.

I'll admit that a 400K vanity project that only benefits about 500 people is a bit weird.

But you do see what hardware I'm using don't you?

And I depend on Windows less each day.

When the G5 support comes out, I'll be there with one of those.

Maybe you ought to paint me blue.

And I'll leave you out of it.

Jim

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 01:49:51 AM »
Quote from: Terminills;715797
I will never buy armorphaos4 because of you... :D

I never let anyone one else influence my buying decisions.
I'm using an Apple and Steve Jobs was an arrogant knob.

Do I care?
No, I'm using for a better purpose then OSX anyway.

And you might not buy MorphOS, but I might buy OS4 (and I don't like Hyperion or Hans and his brother either).
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 02:01:12 AM by Iggy »

• Show all replies
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 02:00:21 AM »
Quote from: Terminills;715802
Well I guess if you count my old Pegasos II I got new I already have(included with purchase.) . ;)  But I just figured I would smash all three in to one word and have fun. :)

Ah, I just figured you liked tweaking grandma's nose.
He seems a little thin skinned.

Nice purchase!
Keep in mind that the best video card you can use in it is a Radeon 9800Pro (the XT won't work).
And neither OS4 or MorphOS has 3D drivers for that card (who says these two OS' are that different).

• Show all replies
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 02:26:29 AM »
Signing out early tonight (no doubt much to the relief of some).

Going for a beer and don't want to be accused of a "wet Monday" again.

Cheers all!

• Show all replies
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 09:21:13 AM »
Yeah man, I'm hurt.
I find my self so conflicted most of the time because I've always sincerely disliked Steve Jobs.
But this is the best affordable PPC stuff out there so I'm changing part of my signature.

"MorphOS is Amiga done better"
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 09:23:17 AM by Iggy »

• Show all replies
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 11:43:52 AM »
Quote from: Kesa;715849
I think it's sad we are evoking racism because some people prefer a blue butterfly over a red boing ball.

I missed that part Kesa.
So far, I thought I was the only "monkey" around here.

• Show all replies
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 11:48:23 AM »
Quote from: J-Golden;715764
"What we have here is failure to communicate" -Cool Hand Luke

"What we have here is a failure to communicate ...in French" - Strother Martin, Jr Saturday Night Live

• Show all replies
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2012, 02:30:37 PM »
Quote from: dammy;715868
Please don't feed the troll, this is why he created this thread.  There is no other reason for him to have started this thread just to bash you and myself.

Oh you.
Its not that I have the urge to bash you Dammy.
You just piss me of.

I can handle people like Thorham.
I understand his point of view and see the validity in it.
Which is one of the reasons I changed my signature.
MorphOS wasn't designed to turn anything into an Amiga.
It was designed to supplant an Amiga.

But you Dammy.
You argue that we should just use the exact same hardware being used in all other X86 systems.

So don't pretend that I lump takemehomegrandma in with you. I like him.

He uses MorphOS.

And don't feel yourself so important that I'd create a thread about you.
Your opinions and you yourself mean very little to me because you support nothing I care about.

Anyone that thinks this thread was created for malign purposes is a dumb ass.

It was created because I want to see us be less divisive and more supportive of all the Amiga or Amigoid.

And yes Thoram, this includes operating systems based on the 3.1 API because the OS that comes from was called Amiga OS.

Now will you people stop bickering?!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 02:33:40 PM by Iggy »