Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Is emulation based x86 machines in Amiga cases really a no no? or......  (Read 8061 times)

Description:

Offline lsmart

• Show all replies
I think that while the Amiga 1000 had a wonderfully slim case and a keyboard garage, none of the Amiga cases was as iconic as the original C64. So I think there is not as much value in giving us "just the case".

Amiga was not about the name or the case. Any case that is friendly, compact, sturdy and elegant can be an Amiga case. DonĀ“t make it black or siver, please!

Offline lsmart

• Show all replies
Re: Is emulation based x86 machines in Amiga cases really a no no? or......
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 09:54:42 PM »
Quote from: bloodline;672398
And thank goodness for that! Macs were junk before the NeXTStep replacement and move to intel.

Actually I think that the iMac G3 - the first Mac that you could buy with OS X preinstalled was the best Mac they ever released. The technology was about two years old, but it was the finest CRT, a great all in one design with parts that really belonged together - much like todays iPad.
But - better than today - during that period Apple felt that it really needed 3rd party devellopers and open source software. So there was support for X11, Java, Flash and true standards. They even considered backward compatability to older Mac OSs as relevant. OK the box was sloooow, but it sucked less.
If you look at the circuit board of a PPC Mac and compare it to an Intel Mac that followed it, you will notice that the boards are less orderly and neat. You really can see the difference between standard industry layout and Apples custom secret sauce from the beginning of the century.