Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Answer Truthfully Now...  (Read 10393 times)

Description:

Offline jsixis

• Show all replies
Re: Answer Truthfully Now...
« on: September 17, 2010, 04:44:13 PM »
I clicked NO.
 I may have some really old software that came with machines I bought but 99% of the software I use I paid for. I would also like to add that 90% of the software I bought was defective if you compared the marketing hype to what it actually did and 5% of the remaining 10% became unuseable as the market died.

I even learned the hardway that some software agreements were ignored by the vendors themselves.

Offline jsixis

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 04:45:38 PM »
Quote from: orb85750;579591
And for those who pirate software that is still available "through legal channels" .....Do you have any reservations about shoplifting (other than getting caught)?

What is still available and where would one buy it?

Offline jsixis

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 03:26:22 AM »
Quote from: Franko;579927
Hmm... now don't take this the wrong way you 25 folk who so far have answerd NO... :)

But I'm just a tiny wee bit sceptical that there are 25 Mother Teresa's out their that don't even have the tiniest little bit of software somewhere on their systems that they have erm... lets say forgotten about, that may indeed be not quite legally owned... ;)

I'm not for one moment doubting your honesty, but lets just say I have never met anyone in real life who can actually claim this... :)

the wife and I made 50k a year during the 90's. Money was not a problem.
 I've bought 1000's of programs, hardware and systems.
 I've been known to claim the real pirates are the people who make false claims about their software and hardware.

I could make a long list of deceptive advertisers and just flat out lies.

The last software I bought was OS 3.5 and it was #1 in BS advertising.
When I went public about it, I was called a pirate by some moron named Fleecy.

I'm no saint, I have used "pirated" software to look at programs to see if they are intuitive.  I bought Brilliance because after I played with the cracked version I realized what a great program it was. I would not have bought the dongled version because TV Paint is the only Dongle I want to deal with.

I know there is a later version of TV paint but it is not as good as my 2.0.2 version in my opinion so I deal with a dongle in the 2nd mouse port.
I own a lot of registered (as in paid for it shareware).
It says right on the screen I bought it.

80% of the software I bought I no longer use or even have.
The good software I sold, the crap like Imagine 2.0 I tossed in the trash.

80% of the software on my computer I can't figure out so I never upgraded it.
Vendors always blame pirates when they don't get 90% upgrades but from my experience the manuals assume your a programmer and believe me, I'm as stupid
as they come when it comes to computers.

CLI I know just enough to do assigns properly and it took me 2 years to learn that.