Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaOne X1000 booting AmigaOS4.1 Update 3  (Read 19957 times)

Description:

Offline bbond007

• Show all replies
Re: AmigaOne X1000 booting AmigaOS4.1 Update 3
« on: August 30, 2011, 03:43:06 AM »
Quote from: Transition;656419
News from TrevorDick of A-Eon

Chris Follett, AmigaKit's lead technician, has produced a quick video of the AmigaOne X1000 booting to AmigaOS4.1 Update 3. Chris apologized for the quality, but he only had time to run off a quick video in between setting up and testing Nemo 2.1 motherboards. He has promised to produce another video showing AmigaOS4 running various demos when he has more time.

AmigaOS4.1 Update 3 booting on AmigaOne X1000

Trevor Dickinson

The problem with the X1000 is size. I just don't want a ATX size PC anymore. I'm going to be retired and living in a motorhome or old folks home by the time this thing comes out anyway and simply won't have the space.

Offline bbond007

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 04:01:46 AM »
Quote from: ferrellsl;656859
AROS currently stomps all over ANY of the Amiga variants out there.... in all areas, graphics, CPU performance, price, etc...

but can it run AMIGA (RTG friendly) software such as TVPaint?

That is like stating a CAR stomps all over ANY BOAT because it has a higher top speed.

Offline bbond007

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 04:33:00 AM »
AmigaOS4.1 Update 3 booting on AmigaOne X1000

I watched the video. That was a truly very impressive bootup. Probably one of the best bootups I have ever seen, and I have seen quite a few! (I owned a prototype Olivetti ARC BIOS MIPS machine)

I would compare it to watching the space shuttle launch. Not exactly fast, but powerful and awe-inspiring.

Some people might claim that the part with the status bar and esoteric text message is too drawn out, but I'd argue it adds to the suspense and overall experience. "Good things come to those who wait..."

Do you think you could make the video output start shaking when the status bar gets to about 80%? The shaking should become increasingly more pronounced while progress proceeds to 99% then just dramatically stops to reveal a crystal-clear non-interlaced high resolution desktop.

Anyway, that would totally be enough to separate me from a bunch of my Social Security checks when this puppy comes out. Hopefully both I and the Social Security program live long enough for that to happen. Will there be an AARP discount for the x1000?

I can only hope that future videos give us a sneak peek at the real techie stuff like shutdown and reboot and that the Morphos crew (of pirates) does not appropriate (steal) any of this stuff.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 06:09:34 AM by bbond007 »