Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MMC Replay NTSC FAQ - Want to help?  (Read 5768 times)

Description:

Offline Eddiie

• Show all replies
    • http://bbs.innercirclebbs.com
Re: MMC Replay NTSC FAQ - Want to help?
« on: July 25, 2008, 07:14:12 PM »
MMC Replay, RR-Net, SCPU, and RAMLink

Hello,

The developer of C-Net 128 and I are looking at adding RR-Net support to the next version.

Starting with the Silversurfer first, as a place to start.

The problem is, the MMC Replay does not play nicely with the SCPU.

I am hoping this is only a BIOS issue and maybe we can work together to find a solution.

We only need to use the clock port.

As it is now, when everything is plugged in, I get a SCPU Initialization Error: 06.

Disable the SCPU and leave the RAMLink on, MMC Replay menus, but selecting F7 or F1 just responds with a blank, black screen.

disabling both of these the cart. will probably work, but if that is the case then it probably is not something that will be done.

If there is anything I can do to make this a reality, please let me know.

Thank you,

Offline Eddiie

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 07:15:20 PM »
RE:  Retro Replay, RR-Net, SCPU, and RAMLink

Same thing with this cartridge. I've read in places that disabling the Retro Replay still gives you access to the clock port in 128 mode.

I believe I have successfully tested the RR, SCPU, and RAMLink together and got to the READY. prompt. This is a good sign, yes? I have no idea if the clock port is accessable or not.

Would this be a better bet than the MMC Replay for our intentions?

Problem here is,
RR is out of production,
My RR-Net board seems to have died.
I only have 1 RR cart. for development and testing
I've spent a few hundred of dollars on MMC Replays and RR-Nets already and want it to work with this!

I'm looking to get these parts, but if they are no longer in production, its probably not worth it. (if you have any extra's send me a PM here and a price).

Thanks,

Offline Eddiie

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 04:46:24 AM »
I've been doing some research and testing since this post...

I can get MMCReplay to work, it just isn't SCPU friendly.

I get SCPU Initialization Error 06.  God and Maurice only knows what that means.   If we could get the definition of that error code, a fix might be doable.

As it is now, Eric is working on the ML to get the SilverSurfer working withouth the SCPU.  He says it should be working within a week.  

So, its not a crappy passthough port at all.  Also, with Fotios' FB-Net card working with all of these things, this is probably most definately something the MMC Replay BIOS could cope with.

I've also read that you can put the RR in FLASH mode and it will work with the 128, havent tested this since my RR and RR-Net are on the fritz.   Does anyone have a 128D(cr or not), RAMLink, 80 columns, SCPU, RR and RR-Net that they could try this on?  

It has to be BIOS!

Guess I will have to sell some JiffyDOS on eBay so I can get an email from Maurice asking me to stop.  I can email him back and ask what Error Code 6 is, hhahaha  Sad but I bet it would work.  :(

Offline Eddiie

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 06:39:45 AM »
I've also read on the ancient Cmdrkey forum that a cartridge called HANDYFOX causes the same initialization error.

Possibly these two cartridges can be compared to see what is similar which might point to a cause?    Would the BIN of the cartridge suffice?  doubt its a trace.

It HAS to be a BIOS thing.  ;)

Help!