Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tutorial: How to Install A Compact Flash Drive Into the A1200 And A600  (Read 17391 times)

Description:

Offline JackL

• Show all replies
I have managed to get this running very cheaply - so thanks for the tutorial.

what i want to do now is have one of the partitions on the CF card as FAT. i can then use FAT95 from aminet to access it. I  want to be able to remove the card pop it in a pc write files to it then put it back in the amiga.

Question how do i add a FAT partition on the end of DH0 and DH1 so i can access it in this way? Or is there some other ingenuous util on the PC side that can write into the amiga partition?

Offline JackL

• Show all replies
Re: Tutorial: How to Install A Compact Flash Drive Into the A1200
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 02:36:15 PM »

motorollin wrote:
I don't think that will work as simply as you think. Your Amiga's CF card contains an RDB - an Amiga partition table. This is not readable by Windows, even if it contains a FAT partition. You would have to use the CF card within an Amiga emulator under Windows.

--
moto

Which emulator would you recommend?

Also, will Fat95 be able to access the partition on the real amiga?

[edit] I think i am being dense. so you mean access the CF card, which is amiga formatted only, via some mounted drive in the emulator?

Offline JackL

• Show all replies
Re: Tutorial: How to Install A Compact Flash Drive Into the A1200
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 11:27:27 AM »
Thanks motorollin.

I downloaded WinUAE, removed the CF from the amiga (which has WB2.1 etc on it) and plugged it in the PC. i added the CF card as a drive (it was recognised as having an RDB) and bobs your uncle - UAE boots. if i 'add pc drives at startup' then i can drag and drop files from my PC to amiga. Once the card is back in the 600 all works as expected...

:pint: