Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Do you own a CD32 system?  (Read 2736 times)

Description:

Offline Tension

Re: Do you own a CD32 system?
« on: July 17, 2011, 12:20:55 PM »
Quote from: Franko;649881
Had to vote "nope", the CD32 is the only Amiga model I've never owned. For some reason it never caught my imagination and always seemed to be e very limited machine without spending a small fortune to basically just turn it into an A1200... :(

Even when they were in the bargain bins at Tandy for £39.99 I was never tempted to buy one, always thought of it as Commodores big mistake and was a desperate attempt by them to try and get into the console market back in the day and we all know how that turned out... :(

On the contrary Franko, the CD32 nearly saved Commodore.  The truth is they couldn't make them quick enough, and that combined with the North American patent royalty debacle meant that there weren't enough for the public to buy.

I really love the machine.  

Such a bloody shame they couldn't produce enough of them to save themselves :(

Offline Tension

Re: Do you own a CD32 system?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 02:32:06 PM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;649997
I seem to recall there being plenty of stock, but Commodore wasnt allowed to sell them for one reason or another. Possibly theyd already gone into liquidation, I really cant recall, but the ability to produce sufficient stock wasnt what stopped cd32's success.

Yes, they weren't allowed to sell them in the USA until the patent issue was resolved.

As I said, what a bloody shame :(