Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: [UserReview] Vampire V2-128 received and it's just pure p0rn.  (Read 23045 times)

Description:

Offline wawrzon

Re: [UserReview] Vampire V2-128 received and it's just pure p0rn.
« Reply #44 from previous page: March 06, 2016, 12:38:22 AM »
Quote from: B00tDisk;805466
Hey yeah, will the A2000 version be a CPU slot adapter or an adjusted A500 design (68k slot drop in)?

something like that i guess, but does that matter either way as long it works?

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2016, 09:06:56 AM »
Quote from: TuKo;806631
AROS booting on Vampire v2
https://youtu.be/FCeMIccENk4

was amazed how long it takes, before i realized that it is booting from floppy..

nevertheless not much to see here. please wait till i upload an actual version to flyppes ftp, hopefully with fixed ide/ata, so that we can see some full blown system, especially on rtg and with some applictions at least being started.

might take the weekend though, aros has moved to gcc6 and adding more compilers like clang/llvm, and while that there is some fix pending, what concerns 040, which will affect vampire since it identifies itself as 040 i assume.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 09:10:17 AM by wawrzon »

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2016, 06:13:34 PM »
imho too overloaded. good desig is simple. if its gonna be based on amiga checkmark and heartbeat, which is imho a right idea, lets see what scheme might be used (schematically):

\   /\____...
  \/---\

okay dark colors rpresents vampires;) a rainbow must be a part of checkmark. but why gradient in dark grey?

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2016, 09:52:15 PM »
taking the world by storm, dont we? ;)

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2017, 02:23:38 PM »
Quote from: ZXoney;823108

Don't understand all this FPGA code being wasted on custom boards that take years for the public to get!

Just My 2 cents forth!

And The Bonus is it's stand alone! No real Amiga Needed other than a Case ;)

everybody has their own bias. but here are practical reasons. developing a cpu accelerator first, instead of a complete system (as for example natami was, admittedly a custom construction, but there are people running minimig on altera de2 and the like), allowed to start with the basics and be able to prove the compatibility of the cpu core against the genuine chipset.

as you see, in result vampire accels are developed further and in a higher demand than other proposals.

but if you want, why not approach the team with a cooperation proposal. maybe they get interested and let you develop a support for your preferred platform.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2017, 11:25:10 PM »
Quote from: ZXoney;823133
I've had PPC's in both the A3000 and A1200 in the Past, both Phase5 boards are long Dead and IMHO a big waste of my time and money!

that admitted, but ppc boards for amiga were never an integral solution, i would rather conder them a hysteric hack in reaction to no real perspective and sane solution to an end of cpu architecture amiga was dependant upon.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2017, 11:32:45 PM »
Quote from: ZXoney;823139
I have downloaded all the Amiga Miming files and just might start my own project.

you realy might want to consult gunnar asking if they like to provide you with their core. im not sure how they go about their sources. its obviously a closed source solution, so probably no external developer ever gets a full access to the whole. but admittedly i dont know for sure. but even if you will be provided only with a pre compiled core, you might be able to run it on your board along with the minimig chipset i guess. maybe some interfacing may need attention. otherwise you will have to use tg68 softcore, which is considerably slower, but open source.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2017, 11:48:29 PM »
suffice to mention the appollo team are supporting atari, why shouldnt they support something else. that, given it doesnt cross their own standalone roadmap.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2017, 10:54:20 AM »
please, not another discussion if fpga is emulation or not!

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2017, 04:30:39 PM »
Quote from: psxphill;823418
We may as well start referring to UAE as a Nazi.

none said uae or fpga were evil. there is difference of being serial (software) or parallel (hardware) in design. but obviously none is interested discussin it with either of you. ad advise you to take your discussion to pm or create a separate thread where you can quarel at will. leave this thread to people interested in vampire and apollo core. there is enough interesting things to report in contrary to your fruitless discussion.

apparently an own scan doubling solution for vampire:

http://apollo-core.com/knowledge.php?b=1¬e=4173&order=&x=0

new saga functionalities, planar support:

http://apollo-core.com/knowledge.php?b=1¬e=4191

attempt an opengl solution (library):

http://apollo-core.com/knowledge.php?b=2¬e=4142&x=0

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2017, 03:36:25 PM »
So to me that probably will be like Amilthon

leaving out evident issue of 68k software emu on x86 host, amithlon didnt provide amiga chipset functionalities. i bet this will make a noticeable difference.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2017, 10:25:02 PM »
another video with aros on vampire2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BbWA8fhgHc&feature=youtu.be

only skipped through it, but it contains a number of apps also amiga ones and the performance looks rather acceptable, except for a few times when it hangs a bit.