Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Arix  (Read 18609 times)

Description:

Offline wawrzon

Re: Arix
« on: November 18, 2013, 02:16:43 AM »
@ferrellsl
some people who you are here calling clowns are still active aros core developers. why so aggressive? you can still have your aros hosted for free, whats your problem if someone proposes commercial fork? perhaps it will have some benefits. perhaps not. im still in favour of open source and have not a partiucular interest in it myself, without rnning around to spread hate in advance.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 07:40:26 PM »
Quote from: klesterjr;752967
Really?  Dammy posted this at AW on Oct. 18 ...

Based on that post I waited around for a month to find out what Arix was.  The website went live on time, but contained NO answers.

oh, some member of he project made a post on forums promissing the answers will be provided, and the are not the very moment he mentioned. even if they were late by a week how does that compare to hype and no information let alone cancelling projects and telling they are live by other companies involved in "amiga" scene?

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 05:17:18 PM »
Quote from: ferrellsl;753056
@AJCopland

You're not qualified to tell me what I understand or don't understand as you don't even know me. I actually have a masters degree in computer science from the Univ. of Maryland and a bachelors in the same field from the Univ. of Tampa and I see the bullsh@t that Dammy and terminills have been slinging and it's very misleading and I see lesser informed people here just eat it up like ice cream.

then try better, because currently you only struck me as an unemployed attacking whoever went in your presumably own field. sure, you can have some "real" argument. (i guess) so why are oyu not using that?

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 05:23:56 PM »
Quote from: OlafS3;753058
You seem really to think you are right.

on the contrary!

lets say i have some knowledge of people rather then computers. he completely fiils in what id consider a sole stone blocking the way (because he will). funny enough i have not heard reasonable people from othe "amiga camps" like os4 or mos. who are waiting till there is something  to spoil. they are waiting till there is something to contribute towards. fu keyboard fighters.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 03:22:55 PM »
i wonder what it means "arix compiled".. so an app needs to be particularly compiled for multicore usage. i somehow hoped aros api would be taken over with only the most necessary extensions not to cause another split.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 06:20:00 PM »
@terminills

looks like we have contradicting information in this thread:

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=38492&forum=2&start=20&viewmode=flat&order=0

looks like arix will be able to run aros binaries (v1?), that means the backward compatibility will be granted (but aros v1 has no significant application pool nevertheless except what gets compiled in the contribs, so what?). then it seems arix extensions will need to be backported to aros to grant future binary compatibility even though aros may not be able to take advantage of certain features such as multicore support.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 08:42:20 PM »
Quote from: XDelusion;766902
Hmm, went to the page to see if a demonstration video was up yet and the page is down.

you mean this?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDCNZFPR1K8&feature=youtu.be
this computer really sounds like an accelerating truck..

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2014, 08:43:27 PM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;766891

Good thing he can post here at least (for the moment :nervous:)...

;)

just wait a little..

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 05:21:05 PM »
Quote from: Duce;767047
This just an AROS fork?

Just curious why I'd want to run this vs. AROS.

its not amithlon, except the similarity that like amithlon it runs a hosted system upon a linux driver layer under the hood. amithlon did it for amiga 68k i guess, arix does that with aros (presumably x64).
the advantage against genuine aros would be wider hardware choice, in fact the hardware choice that linux offers. another one would be multicore support out of the box.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2014, 08:29:26 PM »
Quote from: nicholas;767073
That would be true of ASMP but not neccesarily of SMP where the scheduler usually takes care of it.

that still should be confirmed by arix team. we have contradicting statements on that issue.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2014, 09:50:47 AM »
isnt that one could compile with the use of multiple threads for amiga and derivates already, for instance separating gui from actual program thread, except that both threads had to run on one core so far?