Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Kickstart ROM Replacement (Phase II) Assigned  (Read 28622 times)

Description:

Offline wawrzon

Re: Kickstart ROM Replacement (Phase II) Assigned
« on: November 10, 2010, 01:53:55 PM »
contributed again to both phases.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 03:47:27 PM »
@franko:
im not a big fan of bounties neither, but such bounties that are assigned from the start to trusty active developers are worth donating if only to recognize their efforts. the bounties are not supposed to cover the costs, not even such well donated ones as firefox i think. besides this is maybe a sad example as there obviously wasnt deliverd anything worth mention not even enough feedback on development status for about a year. not to speak of the time before. kickstart bounty has been stalled too for a long time in the past. but there are other examples. chris hodges completed his own bounty to port his usb stack to aros in shortest time. i think with tony willen, the autor of winuae, we might expect the best.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 10:12:33 AM »
i dont like that about changing the abi. any details why it was neccessary? is that the problem wit the particular gcc version they are using? 4.5.1? how about downgrade?

edit: i observed several incompatibilities introduced after 3.4.0, even after 4 if im able to tell, the register syntax being one of them. are they using sdi?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 10:16:19 AM by wawrzon »

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 10:24:41 AM »
i hope you are right. actually we (or better alain and bernd) were able to force gcc to that following bernds method. it worked with 2.9.x and 3.4.x but was kinda hack. it was enough to recompile running storm mesa but there were some flaws. probably not due to that. being noob i dont know if this is the same problem though.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 12:14:21 PM »
i am contributing to bounties i expect to be completed. for instance: i would have contributed to opensource poseidon (although i already have it available on 68k) but it went so fast that i was late. given the record of chris hodges it was obvious that it will be completed in short. i contributed a little to kickstart bounty, when it wasnt assigned to anyone that seem to be capable to complete it, but now i contributed again because i expect results in a short therm. i do not contribute to update zune compatibility to mui4, although i would like to, but i do not see chances for it to be assigned atm. i didnt contribute to firefox either, because as 68k user it has no value to me, as its been stated it will ont work below 4.1 and also because i do not believe that developers that have to develop and maintain the whole operating system all alone have enough time left for that.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 01:27:35 PM »
@bloodline: yes, i expect aros owb to be easiest task, but have not been able to track down the complete source, the one in contribs contains some diffs. see my posts on aros-exec:
http://aros-exec.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=5245&forum=2&post_id=48494#forumpost48494

to compile mos version, what i'd prefer, will be much more difficult i think, im not even familiar enough with cmake.

edit: if you could help mi with this issue, id be grateful, but still there endiannes issues may remain, like with lunapaint. sorry for my english.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 01:30:09 PM by wawrzon »

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 07:46:14 AM »
there is a password needed to checkout aros svn. id like to see if i can build it. optionally could test on my a4k with flashrom as soon as some sort of hd interface is supported. any chance that aos devices will work under aros?

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 03:05:44 PM »
thx. wasnt entirely succesful yet to check out the code, blame the bad connection.
will report back if i need build instructions, but have to see the makefiles first.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2010, 10:48:59 PM »
i dont know if 512kb ks should be really a requirement at this time, most people will want to use it on uae, and these who would like to run it on classic (like me) probably have already deneb or similar hardware providing possibility to hold (even an extended, for what i know) kickstart in flash.

you will need a lot of testers soon i suppose. i must see how can i link in.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 02:09:20 PM »
aros68k (under winuae) running a number of sdl ports:
-netsurf (i didnt know how to connect yet)
-starfighter and pig (two sdl games ive ported to os3.x)
and two mui applications:
- scout (crashes in certain functions not implemented yet)
- luciferin (makes no sence on uae, but works, migh be useful on classic though)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 02:12:38 PM »
copy/paste from my yesterdays aw.net post:

real3d under aros 68k (working)
http://img214.imageshack.us/i/real1b.jpg/

as you see also rendering functions, though as real3d is not expecting 32 bit display it does not display correctly. there is a patch that requires 16 bit depth screen, but this is not available currently.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 02:14:42 PM by wawrzon »

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 02:52:02 PM »
another update: two warp3d test applications by alain thellier, utilizing wazp3dunder winuae:
starship and cow3d (two instances)

Uploaded with ImageShack.uswarp3d seems not to be fully functional, but to the most extent.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2011, 08:28:43 PM »
imagine 3d fp works (sort of)
http://img833.imageshack.us/i/arosimagine1.jpg/
http://img841.imageshack.us/i/arosimagine2.jpg/
since the data requester gets messed up i cant try to load any fifteen years old project..

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 07:51:48 PM »
concerning performance, from what is see in uae it is rather slow (and buggy), but the issue is looked into. programs run generally about as fast as on aos id say.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2011, 01:18:21 AM »
yam under aros68k/zune
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/9/aros68kyam.jpg/
utilizes latest os3/68k mui classes