Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Yup, I just banned him...  (Read 19010 times)

Description:

Offline Retro_71

• Show all replies
Re: Yup, I just banned him...
« on: October 18, 2013, 02:43:04 AM »
I really wasn't going to say anything BUT i am so sick of people saying things from pure ignorance yes ignorance, If all your anti gun rhetoric comes from the anti gun media then i would say before you open your mouth about the evils of weapons actually go to a gun club and try it out. firearms are not evil nor are they good they are a tool like everything else we make. the point that in Australia more people die from knives then guns seems to have been overlooked, or for that matter vehicles.

Yes i am a LEGAL gun owner and in Australia that means i have been checked by the police till the cows come home, have done and passed my safety test, applied and have gotten permission for every firearm i own and have met the requirement to keep said firearms. (in case you don't know then here is a brief outline). Firearms are to be keep inside the safe at all times, empty and with the bolt out, bolt and ammunition not to be stored with the firearm but in their own separate lock box/safe. (in other words in piece, it would be quicker to use my various knives or bow for a home invasion, not to mention that hanging over my head there is a 10 year + $50000 jail term if i so much as do the wrong thing with my firearms...).

I am just sick of know it all's that always say they hate or disagree with something when they have never bothered to research both sides.

In Australia we have a big feral's problems and hunters are the best form of pest control unlike traps or poisons we choose what to hunt and not trap or kill anything that walks by. In fact most if not all hunter are more worried and trying to do things for the environment then the so called greenies. If you have been out to the bush you would know just how much our native wildlife is getting hammered by foxes, cats, wild dogs, rabbit etc etc....

But anyway the only thing i disagree with American gun laws is that you should be made to keep things in safes.. BTW the police do random checks on me to make sure i keep everything properly just in chase you people think i am some kind of psycho for owning firearms in Australia.
A Chameleon and 1541 II ultimate II
2 x C=64, 2 x C64C, C128 (jiffydos), C128D, 3 x A500 (1 x 030),
A1000, 2 x A2000 (GVP 040 + SCSI combo + indivision), A3000 GVP IV24 & Emplant
3 x A1200 (1 x 030, Indivision and IDE-Fix with 40 GB HDD & DVD Burner)
2 x A4000 (4060, Deneb, Indivsion), CD32.
2 x Apple IIe and A IIGS (Various new cards), + 3 x Megadrives (CD and 32), 2 x Saturns, and a dreamcast.. :D

Offline Retro_71

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 03:11:33 AM »
Quote from: save2600;750362
Wow. Random "checks"? That's exactly what Nazi's and the Gestapo did.

Unfortunately the vast majority of people in Australia have been brainwashed into thinking LEGAL gun owners are like the CRIMINAL gun owners and hence forth the checks that the police do because as everyone know we adults can't do anything for ourselves...
2 x Apple IIe and A IIGS (Various new cards), + 3 x Megadrives (CD and 32), 2 x Saturns, and a dreamcast.. :D

Offline Retro_71

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 03:28:23 AM »
Quote from: agami;750361
We are not to take the law into our own hands; Someone enters your home uninvited, get out and call the police from a mobile or a neighbour's phone.

Running away sounds nice and if that person was after you or you can't run then what?

Actually you are allowed to defend yourself BUT it comes down to reasonable force (the same rules applied when i was a bouncer use just enough force to get the job done), that is why no gun owner in Australia would use a gun, remember it is in piece and would be much quicker to grab a knife.

Offline Retro_71

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 04:05:34 AM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;750371
Per capita there's more deaths by guns in places where guns are easily accessible (US topping the charts).
Do people not see the connection there?  :)
It may be a persons right to defend themselves, but why must it be guns? This attitude (and almost reflex response of "its our right to defend ourselves" when questioned) is obviously quite dangerous. Its not like nations who arent so quick to bare firearms dont also have a right to defend themselves. They do. They just dont put themselves in a kill or be killed situation so quickly. The notion that guns = defense is ludicrous if most people have them.

Simple equation. Stop people having unneccessary guns, there's less people using them.

Does that include Australia? i think not although the process takes a long time and there is lots of red tape it is not that hard to own a firearm in Australia IF you have a clean record. So is gun death the top death, NO it is Knife wounds and then beatings (In Australia)

As i said earlier I think that in the US gun's should be unloaded and kept in safes like here is Australia. That would stop most kids from touching guns without anyone knowing.

Offline Retro_71

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 04:12:29 AM »
Quote from: Kesa;750372
Guns are not a part of Australian identity. I think most Australians believe guns are unneccessary in suburbia. I am one of them. But i think most people in Australia know there are guns needed for use in the outback for culling. You sir are out of place.

BTW did you see the bushfires? Last night i saw the clouds glowing orange because of the fires. Lots of smoke too.

Actually it was long ago BUT the powers that be started changing people minds on that.
BTW Bushrangers anyone??? (our wild west was just as wild as America's)
As for suburbia there are plenty of gun club to practice.
I have seen those fire and smoke.. bad!!! i was there..
Have you seen rabbits and foxes lately? i have and that was just outside Parramatta (one fox got run over) about 20km from the CDB there are pests everywhere it would be naive to think pest animals are only in the bush, also farmer rely on hunters to get rid of there pest species since as much as they want they have no time and if they use poisons and or traps some of there own livestock and native animals would also get caught.

If i am out of place i thank God for that, better to be out of place then just another sheep. Also did you know those greens want to take away fishing??
Probably in 20 years time i will be having this discussions but about fishing God forbid that i have a fishing Rod, reel and some lures then!!!
Also i live far away from the water and or fishing spots so is my fishing gear unnecessary too?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 04:21:43 AM by Retro_71 »