Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wii vs. CD32  (Read 5293 times)

Description:

Offline stefcep2

• Show all replies
Re: Wii vs. CD32
« on: May 12, 2008, 04:22:48 AM »

Well, i have owned both the wii, xbox 360 and the ps3. I ended up selling the Wii and getting a PS3 simply because 99% of the games were horrible. The good titles that are non party games can be counted on a single hand. Even the PS3 has more decent titles. The cd32 had few games, but more good titles than the Wii imo. I know of alot of people who bought wii to only let it collect dust after playing with it for a month or two. Ontop of that the graphics on most games dont look better than the gamecube and sometimes even not even as good as a average ps2 game. The only interesting thing about it is the wiimote..

I know people who have done the same but every one of them has just one software title: Wii sports.

If you play the Wii on 480p 16:9 the graphics are fine: to suggest that the PS2 has better graphics than Wii, when the PS2 doesn't even have better graphics than a Gamecube, is just plain false.

The current PS3 software range has widely been criticised  as the worst of all current gen consoles.

The only interesting thing is the Wii remote?  But the games are rubbish?  doesn't make sense: whats interesting about the remote if the remote lets you interact with the game but the games are rubbish?  the plastic?, the buttons?

Nintendo is the the best  game software developer in the world in terms of innovation and gameplay, bar none.  

Yes Nintendo titles make extensive use of Nintendo mascots, but the game play in games such as Mario 64, Mario Sunshine , Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart (any version), Mario Tennis, Mario Smash Football, Metroid, Zelda Fzero is the best in that genre, on any platform.  I bought a PS2 to play ProEvo, and nothing else.

Even if all you could buy was Nintendo software its still worth it to get a Wii, especially that you can play Gamecube games (highly under-achieving console) that look great in 16:9 480p, some N64 SNES NES greats as well. Its the exclusives that matter, not the generic 3rd Party stuff.  

And its about FUN, and all Nintendo games I have played, have it in spades. How can anyone even vaguely suggest the CD32 software library is even in the same class?

Offline stefcep2

• Show all replies
Re: Wii vs. CD32
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 04:57:57 AM »

At 1993 time period, there was a hole in CBM’s A1200/20 and A4000/040 line up i.e. mid-range price PC. A3000’s IGP was not competitive against a similar priced X86 PC. A4000/030 was release later but it was too late.

Its interesting because it parallels what Apple did when Jobs arrived.  At the time, Apple was making many different models, and even licensing the OS to third parties to build Mac clones.  Jobs cancelled the clones, and reduced the Apple lineup to the Imac with the colored monitors for home use, and the Blue and White G3 tower for professional use.  This is like the A1200 and the A4000 respectively.  It worked for Apple but not Commodore.  Why?  I don't think enough was done to promote the A4000, the A1200 as stock was pretty useless and had to be upgraded, the initial purchase price gap b/w A1200 and A4000 was too great for too little gain and I think the Amiga users at the time were different to the Apple users: there were a lot of advanced home users who wanted the power of an A4000 but didn't have the money.