Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: do you remember 'faery tale adventure' ?  (Read 3313 times)

Description:

Offline Mr_Capehill

• Show all replies
Re: do you remember 'faery tale adventure' ?
« on: May 26, 2003, 06:09:27 AM »
Thanks for reminding me of this classic. It was really one of the first Amiga games I saw on the Amiga, even though I wouldn't have an Amiga of my own for years after that...

That game is great! It's surprisingly well done when thinking of its age. There is a huge map, a lot to to do, day/night, RPG elements...and one guy made it all!

The only things I would complain are a bit boring graphics (but they work ok) and frequent battles.

I think I'm gonna finish this game some day   :-)

Offline Mr_Capehill

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2003, 06:54:10 AM »
Yes, it's extremely well done for its age. And save-load feature!

I found a hand-drawn map and tips for FT in early computer magazines. I think the map might spoil fun but I don't have time to explore it all by myself anyway  ;-)

The game seemed extremely hard to get into, but that jade skull in town might help one to get better weapons in the beginning. And there seems to be a lot of chances to cheat but I don't like cheating so I am not going to touch those tips yet  :-D

Any other good RPGs for Amiga? On some page which featured Faery Tale and its successor (for PC), was a mention about Legend of Faerghail (sp?), which was apparently made by Olaf Barthel!

PS. Darth_X, I must agree with you (maybe the first time) - I'd like to see a remix too. But maybe the sequel (Halls of Dead or something?) does the job. Does anyone have an idea what Dafel: the Bloodline would have been?

Offline Mr_Capehill

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2003, 12:57:16 PM »
Faery Tale is hard if you play "fairly", but it gets a lot easier if you ride on the turtle and use sword many times, ask help in Chrystal palace and go to city of Marheim to get healing.