Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bastards!!!  (Read 15437 times)

Description:

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
Re: Bastards!!!
« on: March 31, 2010, 03:18:54 PM »
Quote from: Trev;550507
I use my PS3 primarily as a Blu-Ray player, but I'm sure Sony will kill that feature eventually as well. ;-) (And in the United States, the PS3 is heavily marketed as a Blu-Ray player. Of course, most salesmen will tell you that it can't be better than X dedicated Blu-Ray player, but that's mostly perception. Most people won't have their displays tuned to the point that it makes a difference. The image is awesome on my 55" Samsung 8500.)

A number of universities and governments use PS3s for analytical computing, but with mainstream x64 processors coming with 8, 12, and more cores, and mainstream graphics cards carrying hundreds of stream processors, the Cell (as it exists in the PS3) isn't much of a win apart from the price.

Same here.  I'm not much of a gamer (unless it is WoW on my PC) so my PS3 is attached to my plasma TV for Blu-Ray movies and to stream AVI files wirelessly from my main desktop hard drive to my TV using the Vuze software.

Disabling Linux doesn't bother me (but aren't we all glad that OS4.x wasn't ported to the pS3 ;) ), but they'd better not mess with Vuze.
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.