Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: video editing  (Read 2989 times)

Description:

Offline Ross1

• Show all replies
Re: video editing
« on: February 21, 2007, 03:23:56 PM »
For video editing there is nothing that comes close to what the Video Toaster can do. As its available for both the PC and the Amiga and Newtek's support of the Toaster/Flyer is second to none I would seriously consider using it.
The Video Toaster Flyer is very flexible and you can use almost any size SCSI drive with it. You must have an Amiga 2000/3000 or 4000 in order to use it though but the 4000 gives you extra capabilities that you dont get with the other two.
Most PC software based video editing is not nearly as good in many ways because of the time it takes to render the final product where the Toaster/flyer is real time.
Newtek has a new software package for the PC called Speed edit and is very cost efective.

Links:

Newtek
Photo of Flyer cards for Amiga
VT cards

Offline Ross1

• Show all replies
Re: video editing
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 03:21:27 PM »

SyrTran wrote:
@Ross1

Sitting just to the left of my A1 is a Randomize Genesis Flyer.  This is a 1200 sitting in an RBM Towerhawk tower with the Onboard 1200 T/F Zorro II busboard, a KeyOn 1200 keyboard adapter, and a VidiOn video slot adapter.  It allows all the T/F features that the 4000 does.  It works quite nicely, even if it is a kludge.

That would be interesting to see.

I have two A4000's both with Toaster flyers installed, Why you ask? well it gives me total flexibility as now I dont have the problem of loading up keys on a video image thats two short to load it and then do a transition. I can have them run over top of effects stills and video all at the same time. Plus I can then run the clip on my first flyer and capture that project on the second one so that I can then add more effects to it or anything else I need to do.

The Toaster/Flyer is very inexpensive you can find the cards and software for the Amiga on eBay for less then $300 and your set. A good software PC video editing program will run you anywhere from $400-$1000 and the hardware based systems are far more.