Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Amiga" items on EBay getting really irratating :(  (Read 2559 times)

Description:

Offline ltstanfo

• Show all replies
Re: "Amiga" items on EBay getting really irratating :(
« on: September 19, 2007, 08:06:39 PM »

marcfrick2112 wrote:
Hi, has anyone else noticed the crazy antics regarding 'Amiga' items on EBay lately? Sure, this has been discussed to death,
but is really *&%#@*'ing me off lately.... First item, selling DOpus V. 4, sure it includes thae manual and box, but manual and binary V. 4.16 are on Aminet....
DIRECTORY-OPUS-4-FOR-AMIGA-500-600-1200-3000-4000  
Second, maybe 5 1/4" disks are super-duper rare in some areas, but locally I bought 3 10-packs of Maxell disks for about $ 1.99 US each, less than a year ago, at a local hardware store, of all places..
Vintage 5 1/4" floppies fits Apple Amiga more

Aside from the fact that Amiga's came with 3 1/2" drives as standard, anyone else agree, or have seen similar 'almost-a-scam' auctions??

...on EBay, everything is 'RARE' or 'VINTAGE'..... :lol:

Ack,I can't get the links to work , sorry....

Yep, you are correct... this has been widely discussed before but it doesn't hurt to bring it up again.

The simple fact is the AMIGA, like any other product is a commodity that can be bought or sold, new or used.  While I agree that some AMIGA related items are too overpriced, there are other items that will only go up in value because they cannot (easily) be replaced (motherboards, chips, etc..).

Sellers are merely putting a monitary value out there.  If someone bites, they will sell again at a similar price.  If no one bites, prices will eventually change.

You (as the potential buyer) have all the power here... if you don't like the price, don't bid on it.  It's only a buyer's market as long as someone is willing to pay the posted price.

Regards,
Ltstanfo
Gee Brain... what do you want to do tonight?

Offline ltstanfo

• Show all replies
Re: "Amiga" items on EBay getting really irratating :(
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 02:18:37 PM »

marcfrick2112 wrote:
Sorry to irritate so many of you, was just stating my opinion  :-?

You're not specifically irritaing us (I don't think) but you have hit a nerve with many because this topic just won't go away.  At least your last post was far more reasonable than others who have started similar topics. :-)

While everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion, you have to be careful where you post it.  This site is not known for being quiet. ;-)

Regards,
Ltstanfo
Gee Brain... what do you want to do tonight?