Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FS: Amiga 4000D  (Read 4940 times)

Description:

Offline mbrantley

Re: FS: Amiga 4000D
« on: August 23, 2012, 03:50:45 AM »
I have a Toaster and Flyer card already but lack the necessary cabling to connect them. I'd consider buying another card or two if that would get me the cable(s). You got? I'm "next door" over in Alabama. Heh.

Offline mbrantley

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 08:20:54 PM »
Quote from: r.cade;704778
Do you mean the replacement BNC connector strip for the VT4000 that has the ribbon that goes to the flyer?  I only have one of those, so that VT and Flyer would have to be sold as a set.

I have contacted Newtek to see if they have any of those, and they did not.  You would have to pin-out and make one...

I'm not sure what you mean by BNC connector strip, but what I need is the ribbon cable that connects the Flyer and Toaster cards to each other. I believe it is for 20 pins on one end and 16 on the other. I may make one, but I'd consider buying a Toaster-Flyer card set if they included the cable, and then I would have a spare set of cards. I'm in this for the long haul. Heh.

But it sounds like I'm not at the head of this line, so just let me know what you have available if you have something for me. Thanks!

Offline mbrantley

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 09:29:00 PM »
r.carde, ah, I see. I didn't realize the ribbon cable and the BNC connector bus were together like that. I'm planning to use this Flyer with a Toaster 2000 card in a 2000/060. My Toaster card is already working in that machine.

My project may be getting a little complicated because of the lack of this cable. Another user here made his own cable and sent me a picture, so I believe I can do that but of course was hoping for an easy out. :)

Offline mbrantley

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 06:01:28 AM »
Quote from: Ami_GFX;704875
The Toaster 2000 cable uses standard ribbon cable and connectors and won't be that hard to make.

Now that's downright encouraging! Thanks. Do you know if there is a diagram or photo somewhere showing where the cable connects on the Toaster 2000 end? The Toaster I/O header on the Flyer card has 20 pins. I see two male headers on the Toaster 2000 each with 16 pins. They are not marked, and I have no documentation with this stuff.