Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: a3000d project / newbie questions  (Read 991 times)

Description:

Online dannyp1

• Show all replies
Re: a3000d project / newbie questions
« on: May 08, 2008, 05:50:19 PM »
Don't forget you'll need a Super DMAC 04 chip and a Ramsey 07 chip.  They must be put in as a pair.  You will need the daughter board before the computer will boot.  I hope the board works before you put too much money into it.  If it is the one that just sold last week on EBay with all the missing chips, there is a reason hardly anybody was bidding on it.  There was probably a reason all those chips were missing.  There is some of the ram chips you'll need to upgrade the ram to max on EBay right now but it isn't cheap.  It always ends up going for a decent amount.  I have never seen the ram chips slip by everyone for a cheap price.

Dan

Online dannyp1

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 04:53:54 AM »
Don't buy the Ramsey 07 unless you are sure you can get the DMAC 04.  They MUST!!! be put in as a pair.  Otherwise, you have to go with the earlier versions of both, which is what originally came with the A1000.  The SCSI 08 chip & the Buster 11 can still be found.  There are Ramsey 07's around because it was used in the A4000.  The problem is finding the DMAC 04 chip.  I think these only shipped with some of the A3000T's.  There is no known stock of them anywhere that I have heard of.  6 or 7 years ago when Software Hut still had them they were selling for $70.  I have seen the SCSI 08 chips sell for $50.  The Buster 11's in the $30 range.

Dan

Online dannyp1

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 12:36:56 PM »
I'm sorry.  I meant the A3000 in the previous post.

Dan