Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WinUAE speed changes!  (Read 5029 times)

Description:

Offline SHADESTopic starter

• Show all replies
Re: WinUAE speed changes!
« Reply #14 from previous page: February 18, 2005, 01:39:48 AM »
@ D

True, they would differ under emulation. Most things will as the JIT would cause havoc.

Even so, it dosen't explain why the work PC feels so much faster graphicaly than the PC at home, it's what made me try a few benchmarks in the first place, just to make sure I wasn't just feeling things.

In AIBB I run the default PAL 8 colour tests. No UAE native modes, just classic AMIGA modes for the testing. I do the same  for both PCs.
Really, it's not going to be accurate however, it also should't deviate to the point of being unrealistic from similar speed PCs.
It gave me the opinion that something funny was indeed going on and that the PC at home (win2k PC) was most certainly seeming slower than the XP PC at work. That has lead me to this point. Testing with the help of others.

I'm not sure what's going on here, but the Celeron XP PC certainly  seems to be faster than my Athlon, and the strange thing is, the Athlon is the faster PC.
It's not the question, that is the problem, it is the problem, that is the question.

Offline SHADESTopic starter

• Show all replies
Re: WinUAE speed changes!
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2005, 12:38:41 AM »
@ ALL

Ok, this is really strange, but because i don't have a windows XP install disc, I resorted to re-installing windows 2000 from scratch.

After that and installing all the relevent patches, i re-installed WinUAE from the archive I had from the work PC and it is now functioning faster.

I'm not sure what was wrong in my windows setup, but there you have it, problem solved.

It just goes to show you how BAD windows really is and it's just another reason I now have to hope Hyperion hurry up a little and bring out OS4 because I no longer want to run this garbage.

Thanks to you all for your help here, it certainly was interesting to find out this fault.
It's not the question, that is the problem, it is the problem, that is the question.