Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Excitement about NatAmi  (Read 49477 times)

Description:

Offline Crom00

• Show all replies
Re: Excitement about NatAmi
« on: October 12, 2010, 07:06:11 AM »
All I know is I did the logo for them and every time a see it it's got more stuff added to it.
Upper case A, not so upper non matching upper case A... Strange box thingy on the left... Amiga Trademark boing ball dotting the I..

Feature creep was expected on the hardware to a degree... not the logo!

I wish them the best though... We do al realize this is a bunch of guys with day jobs and Natami is probably just a side thing at best?

Also has anyone reading this tried to release product self funded? Ever debugged a motherboard, designed an IC chip?

Think of the Natami as more of an Amiga hobbyist think tank. Not a fully commercial project with a set deadline.

Offline Crom00

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 07:09:13 AM »
Lets call in Doomy to run the project... then of course we'd have to call it a STINK TANK...

All kidding aside NATAMI folks, good luck and I'll be waiting when these hit the online shops.

Offline Crom00

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 07:40:42 PM »
Yes a fully functional AROS would be great as we can have a new KS rom without checking copyrights with Amiga IP owners. This is a big deal. Opensource or Shareware Amiga KS rom. Good for MiniMIG, Natami, etc.

Offline Crom00

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 02:06:15 PM »
Come on guys stop being so negative... you sound like my parents before they got a divorce...

Well whadya want...these projects are hard enough to get off the ground to begin with. I'm amazed we have MiniMIG and new Turbocards from Jens. Be thankfull for what we have.

That being said I was totally drooling for the G4 phase 5, AmiJoe, etc. I feel your pain. I'm happy with UAE and a 42" lcd for now. (no flicker fixer or $50 or coverter cables required)

Offline Crom00

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 04:10:23 AM »
What a great arguement to have... we have two cool projects to look foward to each one cooler in various ways.
I believe the FPGA route is the best way foward... and just think... Jens was working on one of these FPGA projects too in his clone A... could it be that the 030 CPU cards, Indivisions, and such are all pieces of a greater puzzle...? Precursors to the holy grail of Amiga KIT... a cycle exact Amiga clone.

I hope so...