Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Some 2.04?  (Read 2703 times)

Description:

Offline NarayanTopic starter

• Show all replies
Some 2.04?
« on: September 25, 2005, 03:22:51 PM »
How about some 2.04 screenshots? Or at least put some 2.04 style sliders and windows in 3.9 and 4.0.

Hm?

http://www.amiga.org/gallery/index.php?n=636

• Show all replies
Re: Some 2.04?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 03:30:09 PM »
Found one.

http://www.amiga.org/gallery/index.php?n=483

I don't believe there can be talk about 2.04' superiority over 3.1.

Over wb3.1.

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 05:33:48 PM »
Ok, this would be that what everyone does is right. This has been proven wrong on number of times. Such facts should be known and well regarded (at least) here on Amiga.org.

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 06:22:06 PM »

doctorq wrote:

Ok, this would be that what everyone does is right.

Have I said so??? There is a reason why OS2.04 isn't the prefered OS on Amiga. Now you do the rest of the math...

If you prefer to use OS2.04 rather than OS3.9 then fine by me; I'm never turning back.

Why do you think WB2.04 isn't the prefered OS on Amiga ?? Who said so ?? Where is the proof ??

Where do you see os 3.9 ??

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005, 07:57:24 PM »

doctorq wrote:

Why do you think WB2.04 isn't the prefered OS on Amiga ?? Who said so ?? Where is the proof ??

Where do you see os 3.9 ??

Sounds to me now, that all you want to do at this point is to start an argument, and I simply can't be bothered...

I can give you no proof, but start a poll and see how many of the users here that uses WB2.04 as their everyday Amiga OS. Then you will have your proof, and I will even bet you a beer on it. By the way, I prefer Danish beer.

You shouldn't be bothered, noone is trying a copmpetetion in anything, my amigo.

There's no Internet to surf on, email to read, news to write read, or anything else to do on comps, much less Amigas or any kind of letter a anywhere, and you _are_ really talking about everyday use of wb1.3 in vast majority and of vastly better quality and feel than that socially by dumbasses not approved 2.04.

Hey?
Amiga.org - ring any bells?

No sociopathy - remember.

p.s.
What I want to say about 3.1 is that it's a dream 1200/4000 WB, (as is every other one at that), however in the early nineties or by the time when the Amiga show was over arround the world lacked the cultness, the firmness of peace, the laying of 2.04. And *still*, mu choice is 2.04 over 3.1. I'm confirming that here.

Nothing more, mate, a stand, a statement, an argument, a personality, a computer, happy and away, no me no you no hostile troops.  (:pissed:)

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2005, 08:05:15 PM »
Furthermore 3.1 on incomplete (or as I tend to say this), not finished A1200 (does anyone remembers it - the thing had a 020 it didn't show) and on wastly too strong A4000 - empty as hell!!! always left me a tiny, tiny feeling of hungriness in my stomach. Something wasn't right, something was overpumped or not done right, and it was a bit uncomfortable to work on.

The Workbench 2.04 was a finished, up to that dates project. Small as any WB, but hey, what can you do with windows or in windows, and Amigas had lots games.

Now you go, and bring that beer here - if you want. (nothing otherwise)

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2005, 08:07:00 PM »

Karlos wrote:
That was a confusingly generic comment.

Not to say defaultless.

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2005, 08:17:21 PM »
Yours is to do not then.

• Show all replies
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2005, 05:31:58 PM »
Such a shame for such quality computer.

• Show all replies
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2005, 06:03:50 PM »
Ahaa, ahaa, and in the computer newspapers-magazine here (BUG) it said that it runs aero  simulations  .. like there's no tommorow ("sporo kao magla").

• Show all replies
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2005, 06:06:15 PM »
The computer is truly more of a like a whirlwind and the OS is still unbeatable in contrast to that 3.1 wonder.

• Show all replies
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2005, 06:45:28 PM »

jkirk wrote:
@Narayan

i don't know why you are still in the dark ages. i chunked 2.04 many many moons ago on my a500. now i switch between 1.3 and 3.1.  :-)

BTW: there is nothing wrong with 2.04 but 3.1 has more features. and newer os distributions require 3.1 (Well except 4.0 but that is a different story). :-D

For you my friend, I can only quote an entire message I wrotein comp.sys.amiga.misc about this very thread. Thank you not.

Now, I had this idea in which I'm first writng the subject then I'm off to the message. I've written the
subject, however stopped a bit. The guy is unbeliveable.

What are you, all against me?

So there's this thread on amiga.org "Some 2.04?" and I've written a few about it. Then the story goes and goes
and mainly, when 2 other '020 programs are set aside, and that that's all there were after "everything 1.3,
2.04, 3.1", it leaves us that we have these three OSes on Amiga and that one of them is 2.04.

Unfortunately, I am wrong here, and a very unapreciated member, a very socially unexepted stand to say the
least, when I say that I see the 2.04 superior to 3.1, and this

not because the 3.1 is less good or god forbid bad,

but because it was not finished as such, and a bit bonvivans WB, a bit unfinished, not all over and set.

So in the thread there was doctorq and everything was all right so far. He said his, I've said mine, and the
truth was clearly visible. The 2.04 as it is, with a black stripe for menues, a definite superiority over 3.1.

The thread continued and everything was more or less digested and it was allright, it was as it is.

Only to expect a low blow, one which is expecting that the thread is forgotten, and now that things weren't as
tightly explained as they were in the begining or while the thread lasted, this one comes in and more or less,
motherssonly says like it's not too important but that it's still the other way arround than it is, and with
that closes.

BTW The language (English) is completely and utterly unmanouvrable.