Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A word about the content here at Amiga.org  (Read 152035 times)

Description:

Offline Argo

• Show all replies
Re: A word about the content here at Amiga.org
« on: October 24, 2002, 06:10:06 AM »
Talk to the Xoops developers, you'll see a link to Xoops' site at the bottom of every page.
If Wayne customized the code in any way, he'd have to keep making the changes with every update. I use a different CMS. Trust me, it's a pain to do.

Offline Argo

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 07:15:17 PM »
Quote from: Tension;595586
Threads should NEVER be locked my friend.

In an ideal world they wouldn't and we would all get along, tolerating and respecting our differences in opinion.

Offline Argo

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 07:22:00 PM »
Quote from: Franko;595545
@ Tension

It wouldn't work as I'd have to ban half of the "old boys network" on here with their holier than thou attitudes and their beliefs that because they've been here longer than some others, they and their old chums/friends can say certain things and use certain words, while other newer members or those not on their friends list have to tread carefully for fear of getting banned or having infractions placed on their profiles.

Then the "good old boys" would go off and start there own web portal. Bashing you and your portals members for outcasting them and their beliefs (the one true way). They would revel in their new found freedom on their site saying whatever they want.

Then they would mellow and come to accept other points of view. Tolerating civil forms of discourse while trying to reign in the unruly. The diehard unruly, holding to the one true way on which the portal was founded, will say the the site has lost its way.

Then in the end the diehards would go off to form their own web portal paradise where they can post as they wish.