Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Why CUSA's need to take Pre-Orders?  (Read 4774 times)

Description:

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
Re: Why CUSA's need to take Pre-Orders?
« on: April 08, 2011, 07:43:19 AM »
Quote from: runequester;629664
Out of curiosity, what makes a PC in a C64 case an interest to an amiga community, as opposed to a C64 one?

Im not actually trying to be snide here, I think its a cool idea, if overpriced for what you get.
But Im not sure there's much relevance other than "the company that made your computer also made this other computer, so here's a netbook power PC put into that case".
A PC in a spectrum case would be as relevant.

If I was in the market for something "retro amiga" that isnt my 1200, I'd go with Morph OS instead
I think I have an answer to this question.

Both myself and Motorolin have tried to build a Mini-ITX into an old A1200 case (I'm sure others have tried too), but it was a struggle. The Mini-ITX boards had bits and bobs sticking out too far and at inconvenient angles to fit inside the A1200's svelt case... :( then there are difficulties interfacing the A1200's keyboard, which has no controller mcu... The problems just go on :'(

If enough people buy this CUSA thing, then maybe CUSA will build and A1200 (or perhaps ans A600) version. Buy one, pop AROS/UAE on it and be happy. This is for the non purist retro scene (of which I am most definitely part of), rather than the purist hobby scene.

As an asside, if CUSA do make an Amiga version, then I hope they employ on of our FPGA experts to build an I/O board so I can hook up my 9pin mouse/joysticks, an Amiga floppy external port (so I can read my old floppies) :)