Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The spirit of a famed Amiga classic game lives on with a brand new 2-player feature!  (Read 3560 times)

Description:

Offline mechy

Thats great.. i guess.. what about for the real amiga?

mech

Offline mechy

Quote from: TorbenLarsen;671586
Dear mechy :)

I have for some time been puzzled by that question. "What does it do for the real Amiga". If you do not mind I will take the time to answer that in the best possible way I can and elaborate many thoughts on the issue :)

Back then when I and Martin Pedersen did games for the Amiga, we did not know where it all would lead to and who would have guessed Battle Squadron as a 2-player split-screen game in 2011 on a tablet :)

Many times people have asked us, what you are asking.." what does it do for the real Amiga".
Time is of the essence (just like essence procedural textures.. :D). I have read many posts here on this great Amiga site about the history of the Amiga, maybe far more than people actually think. It almost seems like everybody has a stake in the Amiga history to some degree and that is some what a bit frustrating to read.
Nevertheless we decided if we can't help the Amiga directly we can try to do it indirectly by doing what we are doing now converting our Amiga classic games to other popular formats AND keeping that special Amiga spirit while doing so. In that way even the Amiga community gets exposure to some degree.

Mechy, please take a look at this iAmiga youtube which has among others Battle Squadron of Amiga games included. Almost 50.000 youtube hits, that should give a good indication of massive indirectly Amiga exposure :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajt2SChA2Tw

If you take a look at our website you can see where it all came from and in fact it is a great tribute to our games but also the Amiga.

Hope that clarifies the issue :)

Thanks for the kind reply and no offense, but i don't see how this would even help amiga indirectly. Mind you i am not trying to start some flame war here. Maybe i am a fossil who doesn't want to see all of our great stuff ported to faceless new tech. I would love to see some of the old games and such upgraded that can run on REAL amiga machines. As unpopular as it is,this is how i feel. I am not new here and i understand you are just out to make money and there is no money to be made on real amiga's. In my opinion it seems people have become confused to what a amiga really is over the years. Its a sad thing. If my point of view makes me a dinosaur so be it. Getting us "Exposure" does not do much,as the people who know what an Amiga are are the ones who will use it most.
There is still thousands of working "real" amiga's out there, why don't you guys grab one and jump in instead of porting our history to iphones and such.At the  end of the day you have to do what is right for you.

Mech