Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga.org Ownership Resolution  (Read 12116 times)

Description:

Offline number6

Re: Amiga.org Ownership Resolution
« on: July 20, 2011, 09:35:20 PM »
@thread

After reading this I can only hope that the makers of the amiga film skip history post 1999 for oh So many reasons.

Offline number6

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 01:58:54 PM »
Quote from: eliyahu;651063
i'm sorry, but this is ridiculous.  by virtue of the fact the this is being edited, we know the owner's first name. assuming that 'ted' actually exists. frankly this whole thread stinks of some bizarre mind-game.

here. let me help you: ted, ted, ted, ted. ted. oh, yeah, how 'bout a little more ted? let's continue this farcical cry for attention and controversy:

ted!!!! hoo-ray for ted! :nervous:

no one actually cares. as one of the lunatics, i think it's rather clear we would just like the asylum under sane management. whose management doesn't matter. just knowing someone was actually (and actively) in charge would be a comfort.

i quite enjoy amiga.org as it is certainly more light-hearted than my other amiga hang-outs, but since wayne and some of the other 'old-hands' jumped ship, the site does seem to be spiraling downward. karlos can only do so much, and i'm pleased to see more active moderation since the beginning of the week, so thank you to whomever is responsible. they can remain anonymous if they'd prefer, for whatever reason. :sealed:

-- eliyahu

Hmm...perhaps it keeps being edited out because everyone is spelling it wrong.
Congratulation btw. You just set the record for spelling it wrong most often in one post. Heh.

Offline number6

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 02:31:16 PM »
Quote from: eliyahu;651068
you mean, i should spell it 'tedd?' the misspelling was deliberate on my part, by the way. has anyone ever met ***? or spoken to him on the telephone? or seen a picture of him? i mean, '* * *' was a vice president at lehman and an executive at netscape. i would think that, aside from a *** with no connections, he has no non-amiga internet presence whatsoever.

i'm starting to doubt the guy even exists. if someone, other than bill, has had direct contact with him via audio, video, or in person, could they say so?

-- eliyahu

Regardless, the "introduction", so to speak was on AW, not on Amiga.org. It was referred to later in an OSNews articles with many comments. Still later BillP clarified the introduction also on AW. It could not be more clear how *** had 1st intended to support the community. The date of the effort should be enough explanation in itself as to why things did not go as hoped.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 06:13:58 AM by SysAdmin »

Offline number6

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 04:12:40 PM »
Quote from: Pyromania;651075
To those few that think I am the owner of Amga.org I can only say in these tough economic times.

"I Wish!"

He is rich and man would it be nice!

One thing I would not take is his lack of computer skills. He admits he knows almost nothing about computers and has difficultly learning.

That's not unusual for a CEO or manager really. I still remember Carl Sassenrath's story about teaching Bill McEwen how to use irc at Amiwest...
Seriously though, using an Amiga/like OS is something almost all of us could help him with, assuming he wants to expand that knowledge.