Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Haiku Gets WEP/WPA/WPA2 Support  (Read 2716 times)

Description:

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
Re: Haiku Gets WEP/WPA/WPA2 Support
« on: October 09, 2011, 12:22:58 PM »
Im a bit of an OS enthusiast, and check out pretty much everything to some degree or another, but I must admit to being seriously underwhelmed by Haiku. I honestly think all 3 "NG" amiga based oses are more impressive. I dont say this as an amiga fan either, but rather from the position of someone who's simply interested in OSes. On paper it (Haiku) has an ok feature set, but in practice many of those features are the parallel of a paper release. None of the NG amiga OSes have MP for example, yet all 3 are at least as stable as Haiku.

To me it appears Haiku has only gotten the attention it received due to Google summer of code giving it publicity, not on the strength of the OS itself. This isnt to say I dislike it as such, but it's not something Id try to use as a productive system, it's simply too immature.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
Re: Haiku Gets WEP/WPA/WPA2 Support
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 03:21:24 AM »
Quote from: XDelusion;663067
I just have to boast about MorphOS and how advanced it has become because hardly anyone else does. No one takes the time I don't think, to fully explore what is under the hood like they used to do with Work Bench back in the day.

Surely youre not serious? One of the biggest chores in the amiga world is reading how superior MorphOS is constantly claimed to be by it's users. And I say this as someone who not too long ago bought a 1.42ghz MOS box (and yes, it is very nice). Apparently the superiority complex is a feature of Apple hardware, cos its been inherriited by many MOS users  :P

edit: just thought I should point out this was meant to be in jest. The whole superior/best, cheapest hardware/official things for mos/aros/os4 respectively :)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 09:45:30 AM by fishy_fiz »
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.