Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Apple's iPad 2 is the 'Holy Grail' of computing  (Read 17313 times)

Description:

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
Re: Apple's iPad 2 is the 'Holy Grail' of computing
« on: March 17, 2011, 01:10:42 AM »
Im more than a little sick of all the Apple talk on this site. Like Apple stuff ? No problem. But how about taking it to somewhere else rather than tainting an Amiga site?
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 02:46:54 AM »
Quote from: Pyromania;622370
Everyone keeps bragging about the record sales of the iPad & iPad 2 but the MaxiPad has been outselling the iPad for years and will continue to do so long into the future. Plus you will always find them in stock at any grocery store.

Im not sure which disturbs me more, all the Apple talk, or the fact youre keeping track of MaxiPad sales  ;)
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 07:24:52 AM »
People who know how to play an instrument absolutely *do not* take it for granted. They too started out not knowing how to play, but spend years and year honing thier crafts and talents. This whole "instant music" thing is doing nothing but diluting the cesspool of garbage and lowers peoples expectations even further.
Nothing worthwhile in life comes easy. Want to play an instrument? Great. But it requires effort and like all art forms isnt as easy as simply pressing a few buttons, unless you want generic soulless rubbish, which this Garageband will produce 98% of the time. That's fine if a person simply wants to have fun, but I have a bad feeling that the crap made with this sort of stuff, combined with a marketable face will find itself in the mainstream from time to time. The more of ths crap there is, the more people accept it and standards lower. Apple are slowly but surely making more of a whore of the music industry as time goes by.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 07:29:45 AM by fishy_fiz »

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 12:36:27 PM »
Lol, my thoughts as well :)

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 04:57:13 AM »
Damn, Coco3, now that brings back some memories. Only had a(n expanded) coco1 myself, but I used to love it when my older brothers mate would stay the night and bring over his coco3. Gantelet2 was bloody cool . Not too far removed from Amiga/ST Gauntelet2. Great 8bit machine.
http://nitros9.lcurtisboyle.com/ganteletii.html