Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mr and Mrs Smith  (Read 2049 times)

Description:

Offline X-rayTopic starter

• Show all replies
Mr and Mrs Smith
« on: June 19, 2005, 11:24:49 PM »
Just got back from Camden again...this time it was Mr and Mrs Smith.
Well, I have to say that it has everything: action, humour, style, stunts...but the thing that really did it for me was the CHEMISTRY.
Yep, Angelina and Brad were smouldering. They're a fine match in this film, better even than Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner in that old classic Romancing the Stone. This love-hate relationship between the two characters never wears thin - in fact that kitchen barney between the two of them almost had the audience cheering. That's the line that will stay with me, when Mr Smith says to Mrs Smith "Come to daddy"
Of course for those of you who have already seen the film you will be familiar with what Mrs Smith said a few minutes later (especially if you have followed the Ascii Chronicles  ;-) )
Well worth seeing, I think Angelina stole my heart tonight.
God she's beautiful.

• Show all replies
Re: Mr and Mrs Smith
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 11:40:52 PM »
@ Odin

This is a different game, it's not Tomb Raider anymore. They've let the girl shine, she actually looks elegant. And anyway those aren't goldfish lips, they're blowjob lips  :-P

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 06:06:37 PM »
Yup, the chemistry is what makes the film. I can't think of anyone who could have replaced either Pitt or Jolie in that film.

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 09:10:24 PM »
Ja, her eyes are like spanners.

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 06:42:23 PM »
So, are we going to get any female opinions about the movie?

(Come on Blobzie, Cecilia and errr...well...the rest of you)

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 10:59:26 PM »
Cecilia, you HAVE to see Mr and Mrs Smith. It would be criminal of you not to. It is worth ten Batmans. How much does it cost?

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 11:25:37 PM »
Without a doubt, Wayne, that film just has it all. Best I've seen for a long time.

@ Cecilia

And don't forget the babe kicks arse most of the time. That's a definite plus for the ladies!

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2005, 12:49:08 PM »
@ Cecilia

"...i know you guys like women that "kick ass", but i really don't need to see that. all the women in my family are a billion times stronger than any hollywood female..."
-----------------------------------------------------------

:roll:

Well that isn't what I was getting at, but if you have relatives who regularly throw someone around the kitchen, shoot up the house and then ask them 'Who's your daddy now' I would like to meet them (even if they don't look like Angelina Jolie). I don't look like Brad Pitt, so maybe we would be even there. But if you like Christian Bale more than Brad Pitt, then that sells Batman for you. It is also a good film and you'll enjoy it more than Mr and Mrs Smith if that is the case.

Morgan Freeman is good, but he sticks to a formula, or a formula is attributed to him. I haven't seen any of his earlier films (prior to the 1980s) but if you look at his filmography you can see similarities in how he plays his roles. I think in that list (barring the odd one that I haven't seen) only his roles in Nurse Betty and Unforgiven have broken the Freeman Mould. He's even more formulaic than Sean Connery. See Sean Connery in Entrapment and that covers 80% of his acting gamut. The same applies to Morgan Freeman in Along Came a Spider. That covers 60% of his gamut and Outbreak covers almost all the rest. That's just my opinion of course  :-)
In terms of reading out names, I seem to recall that Rowan Atkinson had a stand-up routine that simply involved reading some names off a list, but its entertainment value was his facial expression and emphasis upon reading those names. If I had to listen to a list of names being read, I would probably choose Rowan Atkinson.

Edit : Maybe Angelina Jolie if we could get her to suck on an ice lolly intermittently. j/k