Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 630+ Members. Where is everyone?  (Read 2677 times)

Description: Inactivity

Offline Boing-ballTopic starter

630+ Members. Where is everyone?
« on: November 29, 2023, 10:13:13 PM »
So, I joined here a couple of weeks ago (Month ago?). I lose track of time. 🤗

I’ve looked at how many members joined here (Around 632). Where did everyone go?
A lot of members haven’t posted or been on here for over 5 years ago! Some over 1 to 2 years!

Should a lot of these no shows be culled off? New members enticed over to make this a great Amiga Community hotspot? (not saying it isn’t).

Would be great if we had more active people on here 👍🏻

Re: 630+ Members. Where is everyone?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2023, 01:12:05 PM »
amiga.org used to be just this forum. When AmigaKit bought it, the site was down for months, snd when it came back, the forum was moved to different url and the site was become more of a portal for various amigakit stuff. The whole process shun off quite a few people.

To be fair, I have not noticed too much of Amigakit wares on here. But if you do own a forum then it would be silly not to advertise. I know I’m new, but I haven’t witnessed any want off’s to people who want to sell… Although I suspect you will have no protection as a private seller (Unless I am wrong here?).

As some or all may know. I was on EAB for over a year. It has a lot of talented people who provide some good stuff for us Amiga Addicts 🤣👍🏻 Unfortunately it appears that forum is now being controlled by a different Amiga reseller. Not trying to start a flaming war. Just making the point that forum is getting a bit toxic 😞🙄😳🤔 To a point if your name doesn’t fit right you just get perma banned it seems. 😤
It’s just a shame more people don’t come over here as well. Maybe the Admins of this site should try a Emailer to those who joined to point out the forum is still alive and kicking. Wouldn’t hurt if others on here in other forums don’t give a shout out to this forum as well.

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2023, 01:22:27 PM »
There was a months-long site outage a few years ago, during which a lot of people gave up on the site. It has never really gone back to how it was.

That’s a shame. 😞 It appears a lot you old timers (Not saying you are old 👍🏻) seem to have stuck around. Which to me is great that you still want to participate 🙏🏻

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2023, 09:40:02 PM »
Sorry to read what happened.

Feels as though I have opened a Big can of worms. 😳

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2023, 10:58:08 PM »
There were cookies and/or https problems for several years which could stop you from being logged in to the site. To be fair that's solved since a few years.

Seen you over at EAB a few times…. Things have changed over there now 🙄

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2023, 11:56:52 AM »
Test test test.  Holy cr@p.  This is the first time I've been able to log in in like... two years?

Still alive.  Still busy working.  Got a Rivian (EV truck) and spend a lot of time annoying people in those forums.  Do miss my Amiga's, and the countless hours I used to spend on this forum.  Just re-packaged some of my Amiga stuff recently.  Sadly not to take it out to play with, but to preserve it longer.  Maybe someday I'll have time again.  My company got me one of those mini C64's for my birthday.  That was in... April?  It's still in its box.  No time, but many fond memories.  Hope anyone who sees this message is well, and happy holidays!

~Mike

Glad you found us again 👍🏻 Welcome back! 😉

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2023, 12:09:03 AM »
Just leave the tab open...

Yep, that’s what I do. This site auto refreshes at the home page of any new post/threads 👍🏻

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2023, 12:11:21 AM »
Similar for me - during the long outage I got out of the habit of checking Amiga.org multiple times a day. Should try to get back into it...

Have seen you a lot over on EAB (Before being perma banned for no reason 🤔🙄). Come over and say hi or whatever. Let’s try and get this forum more active 👍🏻 Spread the word!

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2023, 01:37:19 AM »
Welcome back!