Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaOne X1000 booting AmigaOS4.1 Update 3  (Read 19949 times)

Description:

Offline ajlwalker

• Show all replies
Re: AmigaOne X1000 booting AmigaOS4.1 Update 3
« on: August 30, 2011, 11:54:08 AM »
Quote from: haywirepc;656885
Your right I made assumptions about how much it will crash based on my own personal experience with amigaone hardware and os4 crashing alot. If it crashed so much on hardware thats been around for so long, I have no confidence in it running any better on brand new hardware.

I can wish them the best but still have an opinion. All you AOS fanboys are funny. I'm stating facts when I say 3.4ghz intel chip smokes a 2ghz powerpc chip in any test or benchmark you can throw at it. Try it, I HAVE and I know I'm right.

I'm stating facts when I say you can buy a 3.4ghz intel pc for 50 bucks on ebay that smokes any 2ghz powerpc based system that costs ALOT more, especially when you put a 50$ system against a 2500$ x1000.

You can argue anything you like, but you can not dispute these facts. They are inconvienant facts if you are a fan boy, but they are facts still.

I know why some amiga people believe cpu speed is not the end all determiner of a systems speed/usefulness its because of classic amigas with their tightly integrated hardware/software and custom chips. I remember myself my amiga 500 with stock 8mhz 68000 running rings around 486 computers of the time. Unfortunately, **** just isn't like that anymore. The custom chips are gone, Tight hardware/software integration and talking directly to the hardware is gone too so CPU speed really is the most important thing now.

Steven

Here's another fact for you Steven.  Your $50 PC doesn't run OS4.

Offline ajlwalker

• Show all replies
Re: AmigaOne X1000 booting AmigaOS4.1 Update 3
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 02:38:54 PM »
Quote from: haywirepc;656902
Your right and I don't care that it dosn't. AROS is fine for me.

Steven

Yes, you have made that quite clear.  No need to state it again.

For anyone who wants to use OS4 though, your $50 PC is useless.  FACT.