Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Social Group categories  (Read 1924 times)

Description:

Offline WayneTopic starter

• Winning!
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.whyzzat.com
Social Group categories
« on: May 18, 2009, 03:44:37 PM »
I'm sure being new to vBulletin, a lot of you haven't yet discovered the Social Groups under the Community tab.

Social Groups are -- in essence -- the virtual collective equivalent to the old "User Groups" or "SIGs" where people with specific interests can get together and share conversations about their favorite subjects, without the need to create a wide-open public "non-Amiga related" forum on an Amiga site.

Any registered user can create and manage any group they want within reason.  Common courtesy and "safe-for-work" rules apply though.

As of right now, I've segmented the few groups that have been created into the following categories;
----------
Hobbies
Groups that pertain to hobbies like music, podcasting, video, mp3's, racing, sock collecting, etc.

Miscellaneous
Groups that don't fit anywhere else

People
Social groups which relate to specific groups of people (alcoholics, Australians, sock wearers, etc)

Technology

Social groups pertaining to devices, their software, and stuff like that.

This is a living list, so if I've missed any categories, please let me know.
-----------

Otherwise, if you have a live User Group that needs a place to hang out and discuss things online without having to set up your own site and forums, this would be a GREAT opportunity for you guys.

Wayne
//* Signature Free *//

Offline WayneTopic starter

• Winning!
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.whyzzat.com
Social Group categories
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 03:59:30 PM »
Quote from: motorollin;455110
Can the social group postings be added to the post counts? We didn't get where we are today by talking about Amigas :p

Unfortunately, no.  Different part of the program.

Besides, we all know post counts don't count.
//* Signature Free *//