Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Suddenly everyone's a lawyer  (Read 6379 times)

Description:

Offline Tigger

• Show all replies
Re: Suddenly everyone's a lawyer
« on: September 09, 2003, 09:54:12 PM »

Billsey wrote:
If I remember correctly, the basic terms of the agreement among Amiga, Inc., Hyperion Entertainment, and Eyetech, Ltd. are such that if Amiga Inc. goes under, the other two have the right to carry the Amiga name on their products, namely, AmigaOS and the AmigaONE. Something tells me that these two companies don't like Genesi any more than Amiga, Inc. does—probably for most excellent reasons—and Genesi won't find it any easier to hijack the Amiga name from them than they have found it to do so from Amiga, Inc.

Sorry Billsey you are completely wrong as has been discussed here and on the bunny and at ANN.  When Amiga Inc files Chapter 7 (I dont think there is anyway that they will convince the judge to let them file Chapter 11) all contracts by Amiga Inc become Null & Void, that includes any contract they have with Eyetech & Hyperion on the use of the name etc.  If Amiga Inc actually owns the name it will be auctioned off to the highest bidder, if they are renting it, it will be returned to its rightful owner Gateway.  
        -Tig
Well you know I am scottish, so I like sheep alot.
     -Fleecy Moss, Gateway 2000 show