Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Newbie Amiga questions  (Read 928 times)

Description:

Offline mpiva

• Show all replies
    • http://members.shaw.ca/michpiva
Re: Newbie Amiga questions
« on: June 16, 2006, 05:14:20 PM »

jnordness wrote:
Hey there. I was wondering if there was any way to hook up a hard drive to my A1000.

Technically, yes; it's possible, but you'll need to get a harddrive controller for it.  I can't recall the name of any at the moment but they'll probably be next to impossible to find anyway.  So practically, the answer to your question is No.  Sorry.

While browsing for games online, I noticed a lot of them say "for AGA". Do I NEED to have the AGA chipset to run them, or can I put a graphics accelerator in the 2000 to run them? Thanks!

You NEED to have the AGA chipset, a graphics card will not do the job.  In fact, a graphics card won't even do OCS/ECS so if you have a graphics card you'll need to either have two monitors or a switch to swap your monitor's incoming signal from the graphics card to the Amiga's RGB port. (some graphics cards have a passthrough for the Amiga's video signal but not all so be aware of that.)
-- Michael A. Piva --

"In engineering, there is no single truth, no one right answer; there\'s a canvas, and you paint it your way, only with chips or gates or subroutines rather than actual paint. That\'s the Amiga..."
-Dave Haynie