Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NatAmi gaming  (Read 5201 times)

Description:

Offline Khephren

• Show all replies
Re: NatAmi gaming
« on: December 22, 2010, 10:22:19 AM »
while this looks really cool, I would really think twice about releasing new hardware with games containing copyrighted assets. When NatAmi launches, you can bet Ars Technica and Slashdot will cover it. You do not want Lucasarts getting wind of it coming with a star wars game.

Offline Khephren

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 03:03:47 PM »
Quote from: orb85750;600746
Agreed.  Even if the 3D ship models etc. are freely available, certainly the Star Wars name and Star Wars logos are not to be used, right?  

Even the ship designs are copyright. I would not even use screenshots of this in relation to NatAmi promotional material. I've done some work on LucasArts IP, their lawyers are litigation crazy.

mfilos: It's friendly advice from someone who's done some work for them, that's all. I want NatAmi to be a success as much as the next man (or cammy).

Offline Khephren

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 11:23:11 AM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;600885
Ah, no fear. It'll only be so long before Franko figures out how to upload his consciousness to the Internet and live on amiga.org 24/7.

I thought he'd already managed that? You'll know when he has complete control when he implements a 'Sassenach filter' to weed out those south of the border.

Offline Khephren

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 04:42:11 PM »
Quote from: Franko;601243
All gaelic speaking tribes are welcome, just don't bring your sheep along... :)

leave the 'woolen third leg warmer' out of it ;). And this side of the celt divide speak Brythonic, not Gaelic. (though I can't speak either language, though i'm half n' half).