Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Opinion Article : Amiga DE a Good Idea, Poor Execution  (Read 6804 times)

Description:

Offline YttriumOx

• Show all replies
THEONE wrote:
I’ll buy OS 4 and the Amiga One when they are available together, I will continue to support Amiga by purchasing whatever they produce. I’m still very loyal to the Amiga, just frustrated by Amiga Inc.

I disagree with, but can understand your position.  As far as OS4 on AmigaOne goes, I recommend you direct any frustrations elsewhere however as Amiga Inc would release it tomorrow if they could.  The fact is that is not complete yet, and it's not Amiga Inc that's sitting at the keyboards coding.
Myself, I've got my AmigaOne and am happy to use Linux on it until the release of OS4.  Patience is a virtue.

see as how i did post and give Bill the proof that AmgiaOne is my trademark name I know you will be waiting a long time.

Say what?  I guess I missed that...  When and where did you trademark the name "AmigaOne" and can you point me to a web reference that proves this?

ther is no reason to sue as ther will be no money after Bill buck, and the other companies including microsoft ,yep thats right microsoft,get thru suing them.

And why are Microsoft going to sue them?  Please try and back up statements with fact, or at the very least, a bit of logical reasoning rather than straight out statements that make no sense.

Oh by the way both of the things suck one a dos shell on top of a shell the other a older pc dam sucks .

And here you've completely lost me... "both of the things"?  What things?  I can't fit anything from this thread into the descriptions you've given.

Regards,
Ben de Waal.

Offline YttriumOx

• Show all replies
Re: Opinion Article : Amiga DE a Good Idea, Poor Execution
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2003, 06:23:05 PM »
Ohno wrote:
@bhoggett

I personally considder intent to be a platform just like I considder a PC and an Amiga or Mac to be a platform.

Slight correction if I may.  Intent is an OS, Elate is a platform.
AmigaDE mainly coexists and sits on top of intent at this point in time, however elements of it do not and there is no necessity to code for DE using intent if you code in pure VP-ASM (coding in Java, C++ or anything else will run on intent however).

@All slagging off DE
I find it interesting noone has answered AmiMonkey's question - who has actually used it?  It seems everyone who detracts it has never used it and those of us who do use it love it.  I myself use it on a daily basis on my Dell Axim and would have little interest in my Axim were it not for DE.

Regards,
Ben de Waal
AKA Yttrium Oxide
SDA DE Developer, AmigaOne Owner, strong follower of Amiga Inc - but certainly not blind.