Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Back to the Roots" - Amiwest 2004 theme  (Read 2913 times)

Description:

Offline Velcro_SP

• Show all replies
    • http://linux.tc3net.com/daclmi/
Re: "BACK TO THE ROOTS" - AMIWEST 2004 THEME
« on: May 28, 2004, 09:07:21 AM »
Acill says: "If all goes well and Bill and Raquel help me out I may be able to bring some Pegasos boards to sell and be an official vendor for them! I cant wait for the show!"

That would be great, for a visitor to be able to come to a convention, see a demo, and walk out with an actual product under his or her arm. It would be greater yet if complete systems were available, but a Peg2 motherboard in its little box with all the associated stuff is a start.

Last year Genesi supported Amiwest by sending out about seven or eight people I think. There were other "luminaries of the community" like Jens Schoenfeld, Ben Hermans, Joe Torre, and then John Harris who does stuff with Amiga DE and wrote Jawbreaker and other fun stuff years ago, and Jeri Elsworth who is supposed to release the Commodore 1 one of these days. Bill McEwen canceled at the last minute, and nobody else from Amiga Inc. came. Bill Borsari and other "media" were there with cameras and interviews and what have you though.

It was a lot of fun and this year should be fun. Hopefully you'll get a lot of high-profile people flying in at the last minute, which happened last year. Hopefully some new products will be released!