Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Steve Ballmer? - Bye!  (Read 4669 times)

Description:

Offline MicroStrand

• Show all replies
Re: Steve Ballmer? - Bye!
« on: August 24, 2013, 01:24:10 PM »
Quote from: bloodline;746047
I love the fact that the MSFT shares jumped 9% on his announcement! That is seriously funny.
Yes, for him this is perhaps not necessarily a reputation, but definitely profitable through his shareholding and with more than 15 billions on his bank account.
Imagine a microcontroller that doesn’t tell you what to do, but asks “What do you want from me?” - XMOS

Offline MicroStrand

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 04:23:51 PM »
Quote from: bbond007;746068
All these features and Reversi!
Really crazy, but anyway a flop as a whole. It came in November 1985 and despite everything it didn't sell. M$ is still an unworldly microcosm that has long since passed its zenith.
Imagine a microcontroller that doesn’t tell you what to do, but asks “What do you want from me?” - XMOS

Offline MicroStrand

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 05:21:09 AM »
Quote from: Amiga_Nut;746158
Can't say I care any more, even if Paul, Steve and Bill died tomorrow it doesn't matter, the damage M$ and Apple have done to the home computer market from the revolution to revolution technical years from mid 70s to mid 90s is irreparable, the good old days are gone for good.
I'm sorry to say that, but in the mid 70's had this people absolutely no impact on the software industry. The dominant company at this time was Digital Research and the think tank Xerox PARC. The real drama started in the year 1980 with IBM's "Project Chess".
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 05:31:42 AM by MicroStrand »

Offline MicroStrand

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 06:03:18 AM »
Quote from: nicholas;746169
Fixed that for you. ;)
Wrong! They had no name in the microcomputer business, only for mainframes and minis and that's not the topic here. ;)