Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Roadshow for 68K -Needs your support!  (Read 64881 times)

Description:

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

Re: Roadshow for 68K -Needs your support!
« on: December 30, 2015, 02:22:08 AM »
Quote from: amigakid;801001
Yeah long as the price isn't very much I would definitely support it and any new Amiga software products anyone develops

I'm with you!  Dang it, all you folks resurrecting the Roadshow thread.  I always recommend it to people but have yet to try it for myself.  Can someone clone me, so at least then maybe the other 'me' could spend a little more quality time with the Miggy's?  :lol:

On the bright side, sounds like TheDaddy is making good progress on his latest keyboards and custom keycaps project.  I'm excited to hopefully get mine soon!  :)
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 05:06:08 AM »
Dag-gummit.  So my old install of Miami apparently didn't seem to like my new '060 card, and decided it only wanted to work about half the time, so I figured I'd give Roadshow a shot.  Of course things never work out like they're supposed to and I'm getting the following two problems:

(1) Execute S:Network-Startup seems to take about 30 seconds to complete.  If I run it as part of User-Startup it won't let Workbench display until it's done, and

(2) AddNetInterface X-Surf-100 gives the error message: "Could not add interface "X-Surf-100" (Object exists)"

This is with the default config of Roadshow, no options changed other than the first text file (bumped the buffers up from 32 to 64).  I also tried changing "unit #" to 1, no difference.  Other settings are all still at their default for DHCP, etc.

....Next I also tried renaming the DEVS:X-Surf-100.device file that came with my card to ".old", and then "AddNetInterface X-Surf-100" fails with "Failed to open "bsdsocket.library" V4".  I confirm that I have bsdsocket.library version 4.310 in LIBS:.

...Next I tried commenting out all the Assigns for the legacy Genesis/AmiTCP/Miami on my 3.9 setup, now "Execute S:Network-Startup" completes in a second or so, but "AddNetworkInterface X-Surf-100" fails with ""X-Surf-100 configuration attempt timed out".

I've been at this for two hours already.  Obviously I have some conflict with either the Genesis/AmiTCP stuff that's installed as part of 3.9, or my Miami install.  While I continue to poke around at it, anyone have any suggestions?  It's never easy, but this is why we love our Amiga's, right?  Thanks!  :)

Edit - strike all that.  After fighting with it for 3 hours I decided my time was better spent working on getting Miami running right again.  Maybe if someone wants to point me in the direction of a "dummies guide for Roadshow" I'll give it another shot sometime.  After I've had more coffee.  ;)

Bah, now I understand what the other guy was complaining about Roadshow leaving directories all over the place.  :(

« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 06:00:58 AM by Oldsmobile_Mike »
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 07:39:00 AM »
Quote from: Acill;801018
All I did was install it using the installer. Go to storage and take the MediatorFast from the configs and put it in the real devs location. Rebooted and I was online. Thats was it.

Did that, only in my case it was the X-Surf-100 file.  No love, and no end to the string of error messages.  Oh well, after some tweaking Miami is now working better than ever.  I even fixed AWeb and got it working now, too!  :roflmao:

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 04:22:02 PM »
Quote from: gary2000;801029
I'm glad I read your post before trying it, as I have a similar setup.

(New protocol: Let Mike fight with it first. :))

LOL. By all means, try the demo. Just give yourself a couple of hours to mess with it if it doesn't work "out of the box", as they say. Think my issue was compatibility issues with my previously installed TCP/IP programs, since my system is pretty heavily tweaked. Dunno, will try it again when I have more time. ;)