Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Kid Chaos AGA is the finest platform game on Amiga!  (Read 4133 times)

Description:

Offline leirbag28

Re: Kid Chaos AGA is the finest platform game on Amiga!
« on: June 24, 2004, 04:01:18 PM »
@Hyperspeed

You should try Ruff N Tumble............especially since its not AGA but looks like it is!............I think this is the best looking ECS Platform game.  Also try Mr Mutz wich plays well.....not as good looking as it could have been though.

Also try:

Pinkie
Bubble N Squuek ECS and AGA
Putty Squad (AGA only)
Traps N Treasures (really unique!)
Lionheart (not sure if this is a Platform but Great looking)
Brian The Lion ( This looks AGA even on ECS)

As for shoot em ups............My fave best looking is still Projext X.
But I like these too:

T-ZER0 ( probably better looking than ProjectX cuz its AGA)
Menace
Disposable Hero (CD32 version has excellent music)
Stardust (excellent looking ECS game)
Super Startdust (even better than the ECS version WOW!!!)
Desert Strike
Jungle Strike

CD32 is actually the best Amiga ever made by Commodore!...

Offline leirbag28

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2004, 03:17:06 AM »

Hyperspeed wrote:

I'm not too sure about Superfrog...

I haven't played as many Amiga games as I have Megadrive(/Genesis) but
Superfrog doesn't strike me as being Major League. If it was it would
have been a multi-platform release like James Pond, Zool and a few
others.
------------------------------------------------------------

I totally agree.........people give too much credit to Superfrog. I definitely like the game and it is polished, but not enough to compete with the consoles....it just lacks something.............maybe scrolling backgrounds and a little more animation on the frog when running and moving..............and more purpose.

Hyperspeed wrote:
Also, what are you opinions on Core Design platformers like Chuck Rock
1 & 2, Wolfchild and Wonderdog.
-----------------------------------------------------------

I think they were very crappily made.............they are incomplete looking and most only have music and no sound effects........THAT SUCKS!.......they could have employed the wonderfull technique that Psygnosis used which was the music was on all the time even taking up all  sound channels, but when a sound effect was needed, the least important channel in the music is removed while the sound effect was executed. Or they could have made 3 channel music and left one for sound effects.
Don't get me wrong, Core Design got better and better (Banshee is excellent and also Tomb Raider) but the games were mostly incomplete and seemed like cheap degraded copies.

Offline leirbag28

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2004, 06:33:44 PM »
@ Hyperspeed

By the way, Mr Nutz is out on the Amiga............I have it and it play very very well and dare i say it goes as fast as Sonic. Try running all the way to the end of the level and jump. He flies and even turns into a ball like Sonic................nevertheless, this game still lacks in the FULL SCREEN department..........boy does that anger me!.............................You know.its not that the Amiga can not do these games.............it can!  but since developers always made games to run on 1 meg........so that they have a larger audience.......the game had to be cut down to run on 1 meg.............but the Amiga has proven that it can do it.......Look at Super Street Fighetr 2 TURBO (The one from GameTek) it looks better than the Super Nintendo version.....BUT, because it had to run on the 2megs that a CD32 provides......some frames were thrown out and sound was downgraded...........had it required 2 megs chip and 4 megs fast, it would have blown away even the PS2 version. Also games like Ruff N Tumble show great amounts fo color.....but again requiring only 1 meg, sacraficed frames per second (The game is not that smooth)

As for Superfrog..............it runs very smooth and as fast as Sonic ( when you get the Speed powerup) but since the character is so less animated and smaller and no moving backgrounds....it can't be compared. I think Zool 1 and Mr Nutz and Ruf N Tumble are the only ones that can compare. Zool 2 looked better than Zool 1 but the character, though looked better, seemed to lack frames and didnt run as fast as Zool 1.

But also theres lots of games that looked better and ran better than their SNES counterparts........for instance:

Another World (Out of this World) (slower on SNES)
Flashback (slower framerate on SNES)
Pinball Fantasies (This game sucked BIGTIME on SNES)
Chaos Engine (Soldiers of Fortune on SNES)
Gods (Boy did they ruin this one.they just speeded it up)
as well as others

Offline leirbag28

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2004, 10:29:25 PM »
@Speel

No way!  the Amiga version sucked dude..........the only thing it had going was that it had the blood unlike the SNES version which didnt.  the Amiga version was even worse than the Sega Genesis one. Mortal Kombat II was slightly better but still sucked due to lack of moving backgrounds and lack of good quality sound.............alot was missing.

@ Hyperspeed

Want proof that what I say is true?  that StreetFighter could definitely have been better was there more RAM?  Simply get the Game called "Fightin Spirit"  it is AGA only..............(the game will load on ECS Amigas upto the Character selection and intro screens)

This game does justice to prove Amigas can do it...........despite the fact that the artists arent as professional as the japanese artists.it still shows clearly what is possible.............get the Game Now..........its on Back to the Roots and you have to boot it in PAL mode.

the Cartidge disscusion is not an issue because it acts as ram on a console, so it doesnt need to load. it just runns straight from cartridge.