Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Is Software Hut Still open?  (Read 25841 times)

Description:

Offline Methuselas

• Show all replies
Re: Is Software Hut Still open?
« on: April 14, 2012, 09:17:37 PM »
I don't have anything positive at all to say about Software Hut.....
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline Methuselas

• Show all replies
Re: Is Software Hut Still open?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 01:54:01 PM »
Quote from: arnljot;688486

So for surefire amiga dealing, use Vesalia, Amigakit or the other two/three out there.

I couldn't agree more. "Labor of love" or not, Joe has a lot to learn about customer service. I bought one of the last A1200's back when everyone was buying in to Big Mac's AOS5 based off Tao speech. He wanted us to purchase stuff from the remaining vendors to show support or something, so I bought in.

I got my 1200, which I really didn't need, at all, a 2 weeks later than expected (it showed up the *DAY* I was moving the last of my stuff from my old apartment, to the new one - you can imagine how nervous I was), only to find out that of *ALL* the disks that could be defective, it was the WB disk.

I didn't have *ANY* Amiga related stuff at that time, so you can imagine how upset I was, so I emailed Joe about the bad disk, offering to pay the post to send it back to him, to get a replacement.

I didn't hear from him for 3 *MONTHS*!

3 Months for a .99$ disk?? WTF? I emailed him twice a week and didn't get a response, until I emailed old Big Mac himself and let him know what happened. All of the sudden, I get a two sentenced email from Joe which read as "Please send your address so I can ship your new WB disk. Why did you have to bring Bill McEwen into this?" [edit] - I should point out that I kept calling all of his listed numbers, as well, but it was either a busy signal or no answer. *VERY* unprofessional, even for a "hobby job."

Seriously?? 3 months of ignoring my emails? I understand that it's his "hobby" business, but when someone purchases something from you and it's defective, you do something about it. You don't let them languish in the "I don't give a sh!t pile" while you make money off of other people.

I cut him a break when Amithlon came out (I had since sold the A1200, as I didn't want to invest the money into it, to upgrade it and realized it was a waste of cash.) and ordered it from him. Guess what? It was over a month overdue. I actually had to email him *AGAIN* and say "Dude, remember me, I'm the guy that went to  Bill McEwen about a WORKBENCH DISK! Here's my CC statement, with your name on it, my order number, it's ETA of shipping arrival and a link to my tracking number, which comes up blank and UPS says they haven't even picked it up yet? You want me to contact Bill again?"

2 days later, I got an expressed Airmail package from SoftHut with Amithlon in it, over a month after I ordered it.

I paid for ground shipping......

No offense, but good riddance!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 01:59:42 PM by Methuselas »
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf