Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Total Chaos AGA playable in VGA mode?  (Read 2378 times)

Description:

Offline ChaosLord

• Show only replies by ChaosLord
    • http://totalchaoseng.dbv.pl/news.php
Re: Total Chaos AGA playable in VGA mode?
« Reply #14 from previous page: September 22, 2011, 08:49:16 AM »
Quote from: runequester;660430
:)
Well, it's certainly addicting. I noticed a 20 turn limit. What's the donation amount to unlock that?

We are very easy at Team Chaos.  Just donate us your eternal soul for 7 infinities and all is good. :D

If however, you were not born with a soul, or had yours repossessed by evil bankers or just lost it in a drunken strip poker game back in your wild college days then you can simply become our codeslave.  :D

Seriously we do need a hardcore assistant coder.

If u have no coding skillz but are a GfxMage of level 9 or higher then you can join us as our GfxSlave. :D

If u have no gfx skillz then there is always soundfx, musix, bugreporting, Voice Acting,  etc. etc. etc. etc.  There really is an infinite amount of work that needs to be done.

Making a good game is a ridiculously huge amount of work. :hammer:

Also, do you guys need any help with translation stuff? A few of the monster and spell descriptions are a bit awkwardly worded or vague.
:lol:  Yeah back in the old days our spell description writer just completely suxx0rized.  He intentionally wrote misleading spell descriptions.  I was forced to cast Nuke spells on the most terrible of the descriptions.

But there are still lots of completely boring spell descriptions in the game, and others that really should be improved.  The problem is that the current hardcore members of Team Chaos already know how all the spells work so they don't get bothered by the substandard spelldescriptions because they don't read them anymore.

Do u speak any other langauges besides English?

If you guys need, I wouldn't mind helping a bit with that, if its needed.
YES I would love for a newb to have a go at fixing any inferior descriptions and improve the superior ones!

Here are my rules for spell descriptions (This includes Monster Descriptions):
1. They must be either very interesting, very creepy / spooky, very funny, very cute, very informative or some combination of those.

2. There is currently a limit of 1000 chars per description.  This may change in the future if u have a good reason for it to change.

3. They should tell the player what she needs to know.
Wanna try a wonderfull strategy game with lots of handdrawn anims,
Magic Spells and Monsters, Incredible playability and lastability,
English speech, etc. Total Chaos AGA

Offline runequesterTopic starter

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
Re: Total Chaos AGA playable in VGA mode?
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2011, 06:16:36 PM »
Quote from: ChaosLord;660544
:lol:  Yeah back in the old days our spell description writer just completely suxx0rized.  He intentionally wrote misleading spell descriptions.  I was forced to cast Nuke spells on the most terrible of the descriptions.

But there are still lots of completely boring spell descriptions in the game, and others that really should be improved.  The problem is that the current hardcore members of Team Chaos already know how all the spells work so they don't get bothered by the substandard spelldescriptions because they don't read them anymore.

Do u speak any other langauges besides English?

YES I would love for a newb to have a go at fixing any inferior descriptions and improve the superior ones!

Here are my rules for spell descriptions (This includes Monster Descriptions):
1. They must be either very interesting, very creepy / spooky, very funny, very cute, very informative or some combination of those.

2. There is currently a limit of 1000 chars per description.  This may change in the future if u have a good reason for it to change.

3. They should tell the player what she needs to know.

I can't code, and I can't draw anything more complicated than stick figure genitals, but I've done plenty of tabletop game design and writing, so I can totally help with that.

Can you shoot me an email at runequester@gmail.com and we can sort stuff out?

edit: I do speak Danish too, though it's getting a bit rusty these days