Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Warp Engine SCSI  (Read 1072 times)

Description:

Offline spaceman88Topic starter

• Show only replies by spaceman88
Warp Engine SCSI
« on: December 25, 2008, 02:55:03 AM »
Hi again,
 I'm trying to rebuild a system or two from 5 computers that have been taken apart by a previous owner. There are two boxes of Video toasters, TBC's, Hard disk controllers and a tower containing SCSI hard drives. The A4000 "tower kit" that I'm working on has an IDE hard drive, a SCSI hard drive and SCSI CDROM. I don't know if the SCSI devices were connected to the Warp Engine or one of 4 or 5 SCSI cards (with no software). I tried connecting the hard drive to the warp engine but nothing happened. Do I need to remove one of SCSI terminators on the warp engine? I haven't used SCSI before and not sure how it works. Also the computer won't boot if I put RAM in the warp engine, works fine no RAM.
Thanks, Len

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: Warp Engine SCSI
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 04:19:30 AM »
Sorry I don't have more time to research answers for you, but it is Christmas Eve afterall.

All I will say is that the WarpEngine is a good accelerator, and unless you have an 060 from PhaseV to replace it with, it should serve you well.

After the holidays I could send you a copy of the WarpEngine install disk, but the experts here will likely give you all the information and where to find drivers and files on the Internet before then.

Sounds like you have a great system to build on for a beginning Amiga user.

Merry Christmas!
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline sandpiper

• Show only replies by sandpiper
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 04:30:22 AM »
@spaceman88

Here is the link to the warpengine manual. There are several jumper settings that you have to make for RAM configurations, scsi etc. Have you done this?

I also initially had problems with older SCSI drives with my WarpEngine; the Amiga would not boot with some. Try various drives and see if they all exhibit the same problem.

Hope this helps.

Offline A4000_Mad

• Show only replies by A4000_Mad
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 08:12:25 AM »
@ sandpiper

That's a handy link for us WarpEngine owners thanks :pint:

Merry Xmas :cheers:
A4000 Mad

Offline rkauer

• Show only replies by rkauer
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 08:24:54 PM »
 BTW: after set your dream machine, don't forget to sell the leftover cards to other needed Amigas!  ;-)
Goodbye people.

I\'ll pop on from time to time, RL is acting up.